Contracts and Grants Accountant (Contract and Grants Associate)
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is currently seeking a Contract and Grants Accountant (Contract and Grants Associate) to join Department of Microbiology and Immunology. This position provides para-professional support to post award accounting related activities and management and pre-award grant application assessments.
- Conducts initial assessment of grant applications to ensure compliance with complex federal government, state, and university laws, statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Submits external documents and/or agreements to sponsoring company or funding agency. Provides internal follow up/tracking system for campus budget projects. Ensures receipt of the institution copy of all submittal and copies of final document/agreement.
- Develops tracking system for sponsored projects budget subcontracts; prepares purchase order; drafts cover letter; tracks return of signed agreement; and sends copy of contract to the institution.
- Reconciling on a monthly basis, sponsored program accounts assigned
- Re-allocating on a monthly basis, pro-card accounts assigned
- Entering financial information into the Accounting System.
- Ordering research supplies and allocating to assigned accounts in the Accounting System.
- Equipment Inventory Management with an emphasis on cost basis and depreciation.
- Pulling up Financial Information from the Accounting System to give reports to interested parties under the guidance of the administrator.
- Other functions as assigned by the administrator
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's in Accounting, Business Administration or another appropriate field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Four years directly related experience.OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:Working knowledge of research and sponsored programs administration; and grants and contracts policies, procedures, and guidelines. General knowledge of and skill in the use of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software to produce documents and maintain information. Ability to learn Federal, State, and funding agency requirements related to grants and contracts. Ability to learn and understand legal documents, contracts, applications, and awards. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to work in an independent and self-directed manner. Skill in using computers and other office equipment; in composing correspondence; in managing filing systems; in gathering and summarizing information; in maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive matters with discretion and tact; and in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing complicated and continuing grant and contract assignments without instruction.Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).Salary Range: $43,000 - $46,000If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at [email protected] Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Non-Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Microbiology
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 16, 2021, 11:59:00 PM