Assistant Director for Volunteer Engagement & Affinity Programs
Assistant Director for Volunteer Engagement & Affinity ProgramsTracking Code722-674 Job Description
The Assistant Director of Volunteer Engagement is responsible for building and cultivating meaningful opportunities for Valparaiso University alumni to enhance loyalty, dedication, and enrollment support. This person will be a key advocate for the recruitment of underrepresented applicants, students and alumni. As a member of the Advancement division, and in support of the division’s engagement and fundraising goals, the AVE works in regular collaboration with a number of key departments (including Annual Giving, Donor Relations, Admissions, Integrated Marketing and Communications, the Gandhi-King Center, veterans and others) to connect Valpo alumni to alma mater as partners, advocates, investors, and ambassadors. In addition, plays a vital role in helping University Advancement to achieve its engagement and fundraising goals. The AVE also works to connect alumni to each other via a variety of programs and activities that enhance the value of the alumni network among Valpo alumni. This position reports to the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement & the University Guild.
- In collaboration with Advancement partners, develops programmatic and other engagement strategies that further alumni understanding, perception of relevance, and ultimately alumni investment in Valpo;
- Identifies, cultivates, and manages alumni volunteers to serve as regional event ambassadors, social media ambassadors, potential VUAA board members, and other functions as needed
- Liaisons with Admissions office for recruitment/management/assistance of Admissions Network volunteers being an advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Develops affinity group programming and partnerships in coordination with other organizations on campus that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Plans and executes virtual, on- and off-campus programming events for alumni, as directed by the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement;
- Follows Advancement division protocol for documenting interactions with alumni within the Advance database;
- Represents the division of Advancement in various settings;
- Participates, monitors and creates social media and messaging posts on behalf of alumni volunteers and student recruitment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement and Campaign Communications and/or the Executive Director of Alumni Engagement.
* Regional travel and occasional evening and weekend availability are required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and social media)
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Linda Roettger, Executive Director of Alumni Relations and University Guild
Valparaiso, IN 46383Job Location Valparaiso, Indiana, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular