Student Accounts Representative
Bard CollegeStudent Accounts RepresentativeEmployer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/84825
Bard College seeks a Student Accounts Representative to administer billing, student account reconciliation, and financial aid verification. Performs other related responsibilities as required. This is a full-time, non-exempt, 12 month per year position reporting to the Bursar. The Student Account Representative takes care of all billing and payments with respect to college tuition and fees and other miscellaneous charges. This office provides service to 1000 - 1500 students and parents per month via phone calls, in person traffic and email correspondence. This position requires attention to detail in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; responsible for enrolling families in the installment plan, processing refunds, and monitoring and taking action on current and past due accounts. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
Bard College’s main campus is in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., with 1,900 undergraduate students; the College also includes multiple graduate programs. The 1,000-acre campus sits along the Hudson River and offers the Fisher Performing Arts Center, and Hessel Museum of Art, and is the home of the Bard Prison Initiative, the largest college-degree-granting prison education program in the U.S. The Bard Network also includes several Bard High School Early Colleges across the country as well as international campuses and partnerships. The Bard Network is complex and demonstrates Bard’s priorities well in addition to the College’s emphasis on civic engagement.
Bard College is a private institution working in the public interest. Bard faculty and staff lead their students by example, building upon the existing network of boundary-breaking programs focused on rethinking who can and should be included in a liberal arts education.
- Manage student billing, and are the primary contact for students, parents/guardians, any authorized person(s) regarding account billing including, but not limited to, general explanations of tuition and required fees, resolving issues/questions regarding current, past due and delinquent student accounts. Communicate general student account information, non current or other account discrepancies or any updated account information via email/phone calls, or in-person meetings. Assist students and parents with inquiries regarding 1098-T tax report.
- Complete account adjustments and other account activity. Follow up on accounts during pending cancellation process and past due account review process.
- Must be personable and have the ability and patience to take care of customers individual situations; following FERPA confidentiality regulations; redirect any issues that can not be resolved by Student Accounts to the appropriate department(s); and work with the department(s) to come to a resolution that works in the best interest of all parties.
- Proficient in the use of computers and a variety of related software including, but not limited to, Banner, Argos, CBord, Google Sheets, Excel. Typing Skills, Math Skills, basic understanding of accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- An Associate’s degree in Business Administration or a similar field is preferred. Previous experience in a college environment is a plus.
- The successful candidate will have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment. Ability to resolve any complaints or issues as necessary. Knowing and following policies and procedures with the ability to explain office policies and procedures to other departments that may be unfamiliar with the Student Account Office processes.
- The Student Accounts Representative will need a high degree of confidentiality and tact. Previous experience in customer service is essential.
- Must be able to build relationships with and support a student body that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in standard office environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.