Information Systems and Technology – Faculty – Full-time
Information Systems and Technology – Computer Programming / Web / Mobile / Gamming Developer Faculty – Full-time
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Pittsburgh Technical College (PTC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to PTC students and employees is essential.
Pittsburgh Technical College is a private, non-profit and regionally accredited institution committed to higher education excellence and focused on academic and professional success. Located in Western Pennsylvania since 1946, PTC awards associate and bachelor’s degrees and certificates in these areas: Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, Design and Engineering Technology, Healthcare, Nursing, Information Systems and Technology, Trades Technology, and Energy and Electronics Technology. The PTC college experience is empowering and culminates in internships and clinical rotations for on-campus, degree-seeking students.
Purpose of Job
- To teach coursework in Information Systems and Technology as primary job function.
- Focus is within Game Development utilizing the Unity Framework, Java, .Net, C#, Mobile and App Development
- Other nice to have: Cyber Security, Information Technology – Network Administration
- Ability to teach Information Systems Development (primary focus), Information Systems Security or Information Technology (secondary focus) coursework a plus.
- Assist in bachelors and associate degree curriculums and provide training and student support resulting in graduates who meet entry and mid-level employment criteria for positions in the Information Systems and Technology fields.
Minimum Master’s of Science Degree in field: Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Systems and Communications, Computer Science and Information Science.
The following course related certifications are a plus:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
- Java Developer
- Unity Technology
- Mobile: iOS / Android
- Other nice to have:
- Linux+ / Red Hat Software
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Project+ or PMP
- Related expertise in industry leading tools also a plus.
State Teaching Certification not required.
- Minimum of four year’s full-time work experience in computer field.
- Teaching experience, a plus.
- Must have education and work experience to demonstrate competency to teach coursework in 2 of the three areas of: Information Technology, Information Systems Development and/or Security Forensics.
- Computer Programming
- Java, C#, C++, Unity Framework, HTML/CSS Web and Mobile Development, Software Testing/QA, Database Development
- IT Project Management
50% Teaching Effectiveness
- Teach up to 5 class-sections with 1 – 3 preparations per week.
- Perform effectively in the learning environment by being prepared, maintaining discipline, and engaging students in the learning process.
- Address student academic issues such as student attendance, student persistence, and/or tutoring needs.
- Work in conjunction with student advisors, team leaders, and academic chairs to resolve students’ nonacademic issues.
- Grade student assessments within a week, as well as record attendance, grades, and information regarding student progress in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Use Blackboard to provide course/supplemental materials and communicate with students using course announcements, discussion boards, and/or collaborate sessions.
- Serve as a role model for the students by demonstrating an excellent work ethic; portraying professionalism, including dress; and providing motivation for industry success.
- Stay current on industry, market, research and competitive trends.
- Participate in some form of approved professional development each year as discussed and agreed upon with your Academic Chair at a minimum of 8 hours per year.
40% Curriculum & Assessment
- Deliver program curriculum by creating and following weekly lesson plans.
- Refresh courses by using new teaching strategies and/or revamping course materials.
- Work in conjunction with the Curriculum and Assessment Coordinator and Academic Chair on course revision, curriculum mapping, and outcomes assessment.
- Maintain current curriculum on departmental network drives in an organized manner.
- Document efforts to improve student learning based on assessment results and other institutional assessment reports.
5% Extracurricular Activities
- Attend all graduation activities. Graduation dates are posted on the master calendar.
- Support student and employee events as appropriate, which may be held on Saturdays or evenings.
5% Team/Institution/Outreach to Community
- Participate in all faculty meetings, team meetings, and other departmental/institutional functions.
- Serve as a liaison to all other offices; i.e., Admissions, Career Services, Financial Aid, Student Services. These offices will periodically communicate with students through instructors or through the Student Advisors.
- Work effectively as a team member to support the Pittsburgh Technical College mission.
- Participate as requested in the orientation/open house sessions, held on Saturdays and evenings.
- Participate as requested in community events and networking opportunities.
Other Job Information
- Must pass criminal back ground check prior to starting position.
- Actual related teaching experience is doubled in value when awarding credit for years of work experience.
The faculty office schedule covers the ten-hour period between
7:00 am – 5:00 pm for day classes. Full-time Faculty are scheduled to work a nine-hour schedule within this time period. The majority of these hours require the faculty member to be on campus to full fill their duties of instructing classes, office hours for students, tutoring hours, and time required for department/staff and committee meetings.
Faculty are permitted to go off-site to complete grading, write curriculum, etc. as their schedule permits. Faculty working off-site must notify their Academic Chair that they will be working off-site.
Starting Pay Rate
PTC offers a competitive salary and benefits package
Full Time/Part Time