Director of Financial Aid
Director of Financial Aid
Rivier University invites applications for the position of Director of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration the Director is charged with developing effective staffing and technology systems which provide timely and accurate information to graduate and undergraduate students and other constituents related to financial aid. Managing and overseeing the distribution of student financial aid in accordance with all federal, state, and institutional regulations; overseeing daily processing of student financial aid; completing federal, state, and institutional reports; and coordinating office activities with the other campus departments and external agencies.
Leadership, Planning and Coordination:
- Provide leadership and supervision to professional, clerical, and part-time staff that assures a student-centered approach to financial aid administration. Oversee the daily operations of the financial aid office.
- Determine all student financial aid awards for graduate and undergraduate students based on eligibility and the availability of funds.
- Coordinate with the Director of Student Accounts a detailed calendaring system to ensure timely communication with students and their families.
- Systemically coordinates with offices involved in campus-wide retention initiatives especially the registrar and advisement offices.
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President for Enrollment Management to develop and implement financial aid packaging strategies.
- Develop and oversee office budget and other financial aid budgets.
- Estimate long-range needs for financial aid funds and submit applications to federal, state, and other granting agencies, as appropriate.
- Ensure the training and support of staff members in the financial aid office, including cross training of staff. Supports the goal of a paperless office.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in staffing and student recruitment and retention initiatives.
Operations and Communications:
- Refine and implement systems to enhance technology across all areas of financial aid packaging and awarding and student communication.
- Maximize service contracts and technology support from both internal and external sources.
- Oversee the management of the financial aid module including updates and new software releases.
- Work with the marketing office to ensure that the University website for financial aid is updated to provide maximum convenience to students.
- Develop and use existing and emerging technologies to communicate and build relationships with students, families, and enrollment partners.
- Counsel students and parents through the financial aid application and awarding process.
- Develop and deliver effective financial literacy programs.
- Evaluate, manage, and provide opportunities for continuous improvement in internal process and automated workflow.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand the commitment to the Rivier University mission of Transforming Hearts and Minds to Serve the World.
Audit and Compliance Functions:
- Administer, monitor, and interpret all federal and state financial aid regulations on a continual basis and advise campus constituents on any legislative changes and potential impacts.
- Demonstrate compliance for all financial aid audits related to federal and state regulations, and NCAA guidelines for a Division III athletic programs.
- Comply with all external reporting requirements including the FISAP, Program Participation Agreements, etc.
- Oversee the completion and submission of federal, state, and institutional reports.
- Provide general oversight of the University's scholarship program establishing appropriate policies and procedures for efficient awarding.
- Bachelor's degree, master’s preferred.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid in a higher education setting at the assistant director level or higher.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Detailed knowledge of federal financial aid regulations.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of financial aid information systems.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered services.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective collaborative relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and higher education ERP. Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and CAMS preferred.
This position classification has been defined as exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
To apply visit https://www.rivier.edu/careers/. Applicants should upload a detailed letter of application, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 professional references. Materials will be reviewed upon receipt. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.