Creative Services Coordinator
Job no: 495494
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Marketing and Communications
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Advances and protects Boise State’s institutional identity by assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans, advertisements, special projects, website management, social media management and graphic design. Creates, coordinates, implements and analyzes marketing and communication directed at relevant audiences.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.Essential Functions:
● Apply brand and visual design best practices principles to the development of print, digital, web and social media assets.
● Oversee messaging and content posted to various university platforms.
● Serve as an advocate for the university and act in the best interest of the university.
● Maintain professional flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing processes, program information and priorities.
● Make recommendations and implement industry best practices.
● Demonstrate a strong ability to manage, coordinate, and deliver on concepts and information to effectively communicate information.
● Work effectively on both individual and group tasks and projects. Demonstrate an ability to work autonomously.
● Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content, layout and publication of marketing materials, turnaround time, etc.
● Manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Translate strategy to creative objectives; Develop layout and concept designs for marketing campaigns and program promotion. Provide initial estimates for development.
• Create brand-aligned print, digital, web, and, social media design assets.
• Manage and maintain creative content and design templates used for asset development.
• Perform usability testing and quality assurance of elements used across all outputs. Ensure media is accessible for all users.
• Ability to work autonomously to gather resources, copy and design assets for tasks or projects.
• Mentor and manage part-time student employee/s in graphic design best practices and industry standard software.
● Ability to generate, cultivate and maintain business relationships with corporate communities, maintain a high level of communication skills and work well with a diverse group of people.
● Must be able to work independently, make decisions and problem solve
● Ability to compose written material with a succinct message and free of spelling or grammatical errors
● Good knowledge of: creative directions and design best practices; the print industry and mailing regulations; developing and implementing communication and marketing plans.
● Experience: implementing marketing and advertising plans as well as computer literacy and producing graphics for many aspects of media; using creative suites software.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience or equivalentPreferred Qualifications:
• Have a strong grasp of the creative development process and experience project managing design projects including intake conversations with partners/clients, establishing realistic timelines, production, review, and delivery.
• Can produce work efficiently and on schedule; can work individually or collaboratively.
• Have proficiency in industry standard design software used in the design process, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Possesses extensive knowledge of marketing, communication, branding, web, and social media best practices.
• Working knowledge of print and digital color profiles.
• Working knowledge of prepress best practices and processes
• Experience in a higher education-centered Multimedia, Communication, or Marketing role.
• Professional photography experience.
• Professional experience in:
o web graphic creation
o designing for digital advertising
o designing for organic social media
o search engine optimization (SEO)
o WordPress platform
• Master's degree or equivalent, preferably in the field of graphic design, media development, interactive design, or related field, or the equivalent in applied work experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education or professional development in creative fields such as graphic design.
• Possesses social perceptiveness and orientation to facilitate diverse, inclusive, and culturally sensitive working and learning environments to serve global audiences.
Salary $43,700 to $48,000, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please attach a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for the position and a resume that includes your work history and dates of employment, in PDF formatted document/s. Additionally, include relevant examples of your work or a link to an online portfolio. We strongly recommend that you indicate which areas of the position you feel are your strongest, highlight which of the preferred qualifications you satisfy.
Advertised: March 03, 2021
Applications close: March 29, 2021