Social Media Producer
Job no: 495479
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Marketing and Communications
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Responsible for internal and external communications (including main website content and social marketing), media relations and events support. Determines content topics, coordinates with others to obtain information, writes, edits, designs and sends to students, alumni, donors and community and business contacts. Prepares and supervises the production of press releases, announcements, brochures, event materials, photographs, newsletters, etc.
The content and engagement put forth by the social media producer will be among the most highly visible from Boise State University. The Social Media Producer will need to continually make reasoned and delicate decisions on what visuals, information to share broadly and what level of engagement is a good fit in any given situation. The Social Media Producer will demonstrate preferred practice and leadership in the field. All of the positions in the Office of Communications and Marketing that touch on social media require the highest level of scrutiny, discretion and responsibility.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees. Typically hold a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.Essential Functions:
● Determines news-worthy stories, website and social media content, and which distribution strategies to implement.
● Develops, organizes and executes public relations events for the specified department.
● Leverage analytics and reports to determine effectiveness and seek continual improvements of marketing and communication initiatives.
● Write, edit and coordinate distribution of information to market, promote and increase visibility of initiatives and accomplishments of the specific department.
● Responsible for training all web content providers and serve as the main point of contact for problems, questions and concerns regarding the website.
● Manage internal and external communications to project a positive image for the specified department.
● May supervise staff or have leadwork responsibilities
A major opportunity in today’s social media climate is the constant reflection of the excitement and excellence illustrated throughout campus every day. The Social Media Producer will be crucial in the effort to expand that Boise State experience through social media avenues.
The producer is a member of the content team and reports to the Social Media Manager.
Boise State’s enterprise-level social media plan focuses on three main aspects:
1. Content creation and sharing — telling the Boise State story and supporting the vision and values of the university, connecting audiences to events and opportunities, raising the overall impression of the work, academics and research done on campus, and reflecting the vitality of campus life and connection with the community.
2. Engagement and curating — answering questions, connecting people, liking and sharing user content in multiple ways, supporting Admissions, Advancement, Student Affairs and other university divisions in connecting with and engaging all audiences.
3. Response — thoughtful, vetted and timely guidance, advice and direction from a trusted source, when needed.
This producer will be vital in all three aspects.
1. Tell the constant story of Boise State University through social media posts, including written features, photos, videos, branded graphics and other visual content aimed at sharing the vibrancy, rigor and excitement on campus every day. 55%
2. Engage and help monitor social media audiences, in collaboration with the Social Media Manager, to create positive experiences for prospective students, current students, parents, community members, fans and more. 15%
3. Coordinate with the Social Media Manager, Visual Services, Content Team, and other campus partners, to plan multi-media posts and content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and any other social media platform the Office of Communications and Marketing adopts for the university. 15%
4. Help manage social media tools and use for web services across campus. 10%
5. Work with the Visual Services Manager, visual services staff and students to maximize the depth and breadth of photo, video and multimedia coverage in social media and other key platforms. 5%
● Ability to code in HTML
● Excellent grammar, composition, and proofreading skills
● Advanced knowledge of design and publishing concepts
● Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2 years experience.Preferred Qualifications:
• Minimum 1-2 years relevant work experience in social media management and/or content
creation for a business or organization.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Photography and editing
• Storytelling: ability to identify and pursue stories, package them together with a strong
written word and visual assets for various digital platforms
• Experience with social media, content and project management systems.
• Video capturing and editing
• Knowledge of accessibility best practices
• Social media marketing and advertising experience
• Analytics reporting
• Public relations and/or customer service experience
• Team work/collaborative
• Planning and organizing
• Attention to detail
Salary starting $43,700 per year. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please attach a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position and a resume that includes employment history.
Advertised: March 02, 2021
Applications close: March 09, 2021