At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Maintenance Mechanic on the Moore County Campus who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who's primary duties are to perform work and or repair; of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical equipment; and is responsible for the maintenance of various mechanical equipment.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High school diploma or GED.
Required: 2 (two) years of experience in maintenance and repair.
Preferred: 3 (three) years of experience in maintenance and repair.
Required: Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License with a 3-year safe driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with a team or independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of chillers and boilers.
- Knowledge of current electrical codes and standards (including National Electrical Codes).
- Knowledge of current HVAC codes and standards.
- Knowledge of proper methods of lifting and moving heavy objects.
- Knowledge of proper use and upkeep of hand and power tools.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform installation, repair and preventive maintenance work.
- Lubricate moving parts. Make periodic boiler checks.
- Keep all plumbing in usable condition and in good working order.
- Assist in the remodeling of facilities.
- Maintain heating and cooling units and assists in the replacement of old systems.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of vehicles, equipment and supplies.
- Required to interact with all levels of departmental personnel, community, and management and maintain a high level of professional at all times, especially when dealing with resistance or hostility.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and requirements of the position.Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, crouch, crawl, reach, pull, push, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Must be comfortable with working in small confined spaces as required as well as working in a variety of inclement weather and climatic conditions. Must be able to stand on or in wet areas to clean clogged lines and fixtures as well as withstand odors typically occurring with clogged fixtures and pipelines. Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and maneuver objects up to 30 pounds and maneuver heavier objects with assistance of others and/or appropriate equipment.
Working Conditions: Must be able to stand on or in wet areas to clean clogged lines and fixtures as well as withstand odors typically occurring with clogged fixtures and pipelines. Required to work a flexible schedule (“on call emergency maintenance” on a rotating schedule which includes after hours, weekends, and holidays, and overtime if necessary). Must be dependable.
Required to maintain a valid Class C Driver’s License with a 3-year safe driving record.
Working Environment: This position operates in various office/campus facilities location in addition to indoor and outdoor environments. During the performance of this position, the employee is occasionally wet and/or humid conditions; exposed to mechanical, electrical hazards, moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places;fumes or airborne particles as well as working in a variety of inclement weather and climatic conditions.
Travel Expectations: Any travel essential for this position requires the employee to adhere to the Amarillo College Travel Policy as written.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.Promotional Opportunity Policy: Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.