NCA Virtual Interview Experience 3.25.21 - Multiple Locations
About Duke University Health System
Duke University Health System is a world-class health care network dedicated to providing outstanding patient care, educating tomorrow's health care leaders, and discovering new and better ways to treat disease through biomedical research.
Join us via Zoom on Thursday, March 25, 2021 to interview with hiring managers and learn about full-time, part-time, PRN, day/night, eight (8) and twelve (12) hour shift opportunities available throughout the health system. Entities include; Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital and Duke Raleigh Hospital.
Apply now and a recruiter will follow up to schedule your virtual interview for March 25, 2021!
- Complete online application - step # 1
- Recruiter will review your application- step # 2
- Receive phone call to schedule interview with a hiring manager (*if selected) – step #3
- Receive link from skill survey to enter references (if not completed within the past 6 months) - step #4
- Receive email/calendar confirmation for scheduled interview with Zoom link. - step #5
- Event Details
- Interviews will take place on Thursday, March 25, 2021 between the hours of 9a - 12p and 1p-4p (benefit sessions will be offered at 9a and 1p if interested).
Nursing Care Assistant I or II - Duke University Health System
Duke University Health System seeks to hire a Nursing Care Assistant I or II – who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet®organization.
- Professional advancement opportunities through our Clinical Ladder Program (Nursing Care Assistant, Surgical Tech, Certified Medical Assistant).
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
The Nursing Care Assistant I or II performs a variety of non-professional nursing duties under the direct supervision of an RN/LPN to support patient care.
What you will do:
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures and provide manual assistance as required.
- Obtain and record patient data for medical records noting and informing RN/LPN of information collected.
- Administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Participate in teaching activities by reinforcing teaching instructed by RN and/or physician as needed.
- Assist physician and nurses with physical examinations by helping position patients, changing non-sterile dressing and weighing patients.
- Take and record vital signs, record I&O, apply ice bags, administer douches and enemas.
- Note and report any changes in patient's condition.
- Turn and position patients, set up and feed patients as necessary, provide patients with fresh drinking water.
- Perform finger sticks for blood glucose testing, with appropriate training.
- Assist with admission, discharge, and transportation of patients.
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective equipment as required.
- Collect, deliver and conduct routine tests on patient specimens.
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment as required.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required skills validation and attending educational offerings.
- Support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Perform sterile dressing change for wounds over 48 hours old, IV fluid assistance activities, oral/nasogastric feeding and urinary catherizations/irrigation.
What you will need:
- Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing with the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of Health Service Regulation.
- High School Diploma or higher.
- Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and promote qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.