SALESFORCE IT BUSINESS ANALYST, FAMILY CONNECTS INTERNATIONAL
Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America’s leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina, Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international programs in more than 150 countries.
The Business Analyst will oversee operations of a custom Salesforce platform designed for research and evaluation related to the Family Connects International (FCI) program. Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform that enables easy tracking and analysis of an organization’s data. This position is responsible for ensuring the daily information technology (IT) functionality and operations of Salesforce for the FCI team and site users to ensure continuous availability, functionality, security, integrity, user training and documentation. The Salesforce IT Business Analyst will lead in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of IT tools to support work processes associated with the platform and will work closely with senior FCI leadership, team members, and other end users to help define the business priorities, requirements, and provide guidance on IT solution options.
- Gather and develop functional requirements for Salesforce build and reporting activities, including coordination with business stakeholders, engagement with technical stakeholders to ensure functional needs will be met, and support of post-development testing and user acceptance.
- Collaborate with appropriate technical staff, to include Duke OIT Project and Consulting Services as needed, to ensure that requirements for solutions are well understood; serves as a translator of, and advocate for, FCI IT requirements. If requirements are infeasible within available technology or funding, work with functional and technical stakeholders to refine requirements or deliverables.
- During engagements, help to validate that decisions on business needs, requirements and technical solutions reasonably represent best-use choices of FCI resources (financial, technological, human) and are broadly in the institutional interest; notify FCI leadership of inconsistencies in, or conflicts with, this principal.
- Assist functional stakeholders in documenting their current business processes or recommend business process change/renewal where needed to match best practices or simplify the complexity of a system deliverable.
- Develop complex data reports and dashboards including ones that view data across disparate program functions. Build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content.
- Familiarity with Salesforce data services (utilizing the built-in import, mass transfer and mass delete wizards; Apex Data Loader; dataloader.io, to import and cleanse data.)
- Supports basic user account maintenance needs (e.g. adding users, deactivating users, resetting passwords, role management, profile management, permission sets, public groups, queues). Capable of training new staff on usage of the Salesforce platform and maintain system documentation.
- Supervise 2-3 personnel on the Salesforce data team, including directing personnel actions such as performance appraisals and promotions, among others. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- Minimum of three years Salesforce Project Management experience/business analyst
- Salesforce certified to at least ADM201 level; Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification desired.
- Strong blend of skills and experience in both business analysis and project management; will function as a trusted advisor to the customer
- Be familiar with the Lightning platform, specifically Lightning component creation.
- Excellent communication skills to understand business needs and provide guidance in a contextual manner to ensure common understanding and buy-in on technical direction
- Experience writing and reviewing business requirements with the ability to call out desired value or benefits. Sound analytical experience coupled with problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Agile principles, Agile experience desirable.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.