Clinical Trials Financial Analyst
Clinical Trials Financial Analyst
Job Number: 88623
The Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery are seeking applicants for the position of Clinical Trials Financial Analyst. Neurology has been a center of excellence for more than four decades and includes over 140 faculty members with primary academic appointments in the department at our four outstanding teaching hospitals and health care systems. Neurosurgery is comprised of 60 neurosurgeons and research faculty, and is consistently ranked among the best centers in the nation for neurosurgery.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated Clinical Trials Financial Analyst to join the Finance Team. S/he will help manage post award activities pertaining to industry clinical studies and assist the Clinical Trials Finance Manager perform accounting & finance activities requiring knowledge and application of internal policies, external regulations, precedents, and systems. The departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery have seen a dramatic growth in the number of clinical trials the past few years. Thus the selected candidate must have the ability to multi-task and be extremely detail oriented, self-motivated and a team player. S/he must also have excellent communication skills that allow high level interactions with a diverse academic and medical community.
- Oversee the financial management of several Industry Clinical Trials. Work with faculty and clinical coordinators to ensure profitability of trials.
- Develop an effort tracking system based on budgeted per Subject effort percentages and number of enrolled study participants.
- Invoice Sponsors for annual and recurring fees using Stanford's Clinical Trial Invoicing System for Participants (CRISP) checking for compliance with the Sponsor's Agreement (i.e. IRB Renewals/Monitor Visits/Participant travel and stipend reimbursements).
- Use CRISP efficiently and effectively to setup trials, enter fee schedules, subject visits and submit invoice requests to SRM for industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Aid with Sponsor payment and CRISP subledger/Oracle general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with the collection of aged Accounts Receivables by working with the Sponsored Receivables Management (SRM) team.
- Capture, track, and report revenue and expenses; determine appropriate procedures for accounting record preparation, research of transactions and reporting. Oversee, reconcile, and resolve problems relative to complicated accounts.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions. Generate, review, analyze and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets. Prepare and present quantitative and qualitative analyses focusing on variances from budget and prior data.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; prepare management information reports.
- Build reports in OBI Ad Hoc on an as needed basis.
- Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes applying the LEAN concepts.
- Serve as a resource to local units and other departments to resolve accounting-related issues.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Previous accounting or finance experience with clinical trials highly preferred.
- Proficiency in CRISP and OBI Financial Reporting.
- Previous experience in an academic institution preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree plus four years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Intermediate proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; intermediate Excel skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://med.stanford.edu/neurology/
- Requisition ID: 88623
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency