Caldwell Fellows Program Assistant
Caldwell Fellows Program AssistantAnticipated Hiring Range:
Monday - Friday with flexible schedule - 40 hours per weekJob Location:
Alumni RelationsAbout the Department:
The NC State Alumni Association manages the Caldwell Fellows program at NC State University. This program was created in 1977 to honor the legacy of John T. Caldwell, former Chancellor of NCSU for sixteen years. New Fellows are selected each spring from the class of first-year students at NCSU, based upon academic excellence, critical thinking and creativity, extraordinary promise for leadership, exceptional character, and the desire and commitment to engage in the Fellows rigorous program of leadership development. Fellows are awarded funding for experiential learning and a tuition stipend, which are annually renewable for three years based on a student’s maintenance of the entrance criteria and demonstration of engagement in the program ideals.Essential Job Duties:
- This position is responsible for financial management, donor and alumni records and daily operational support of the Caldwell Fellows program.
- This position manages and maintains detailed records of financial disbursements and program stewardship of endower and donor gifts.
- This position leads Caldwell Program interactions with NCSU’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, University Advancement’s Business Office, Office of Donor Relations, and Alumni Records.
- This position manages event reservations and details for the multiple student and alumni programs offered by the Caldwell Fellows and serves as manager of the program office space.
- This individual directly interacts with students, alumni, donors and various university support entities. It is expected that in all interactions this individual represent the program’s values and servant-leadership philosophy.
- The Caldwell Fellows provides an extensive menu of out-of-class experiential learning programs.
- The Program Assistant may accompany or help facilitate program trips.
- This role requires thoughtful planning, capacity to manage the unexpected, and wise judgement in group leadership and the facilitation of reflection.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Other Required Qualifications:
- Goal-oriented, self-starter with a high attention to detail. Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment.
- Proficiency in current office management software.
- High competency in budget management. Ability to handle multiple priorities with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A service attitude, deep respect for diversity, passion and understanding for the work of student development. Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with NC State: its culture, atmosphere, policies, rules and regulations.
- Experience working with endowment funding and student scholarship and financial aid, preferably as a program assistant.
- Higher education experience working with students.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
03/03/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
- Please make sure that the work history listed on your application is identical to the work history listed on your resume.
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
University Program SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
JourneyPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,888 - $80,223Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
083001 - Alumni RelationsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.