STAFF SCIENTISTPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
DEPARTMENT OF CANCER BIOLOGYLocation Code:
Dept of Cancer Biology (06311A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
YesDuties and Responsibilities:
The Qiu Lab aims to understand the molecular mechanisms of hepatocarcinogenesis and resistance of current therapeutics for liver cancer.
The successful candidate will be expected to conduct original research using cells and mouse models to study the molecular mechanisms of hepatocarcinogenesis and resistance of current therapeutics for liver cancer. The successful candidate will be expected to publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and present at national meetings.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, implementation and analysis of advanced scientific research projects
- Interprets data; statistical and data analysis.
- Advises and assists with experimental design and execution.
- Collaborates with faculty and other researchers
- Participates in the preparation and writing of grant applications and reports and co-authors scientific research manuscripts
- Operates and maintains a variety of scientific instrumentation which is essential to conducting the appropriate laboratory work.
- Employs safety measures in working with hazardous chemicals, laboratory animals, etc.
- Performs proper recording of procedures related to research studies in the laboratory and for the systematic organization of experimental data including the adequate.
- Performs other duties as required
Required: Doctoral Degree (MD or PhD)
Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Immunology, other biomedical sciences.
Minimum 2-5 years of completed mentored postdoctoral scientific training or work experience.Qualifications:
Motivated candidates with a doctoral degree and first-author publications; experience with molecular cloning, cancer biology, and mouse experiments, especially intravenous injection is preferred; strong communication skills, both orally and written; research experience with tissue culture, transfection, RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9, molecular cloning, retrovirus and/lentivirus production, real-time PCR, RT-PCR, co-immunoprecipitation, western blotting, IHC, and fluorescence microscopy.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses:
Required: Doctoral Degree (MD or PhD)Computer Skills:
Basic Computer SkillsSupervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
Lifting, Standing, Repetitive MotionsWorking Conditions:
Lighting, Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, Animals, Irregular HoursQuick Link for Posting: