Research Specialist I
RESEARCH SPECIALIST IPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
DEPARTMENT OF CANCER BIOLOGYLocation Code:
Dept of Cancer Biology (06311A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
YesDuties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with experimental procedures involving tissue or cell cultures, prepares reagents and solutions, and makes direct experimental measurements.
- Performs basic lab techniques required to complete the project. Techniques may include animal care and procedures.
- Gathers, organizes, and records data. Performs simple analysis of results. May assist with library and/or electronic research. Incorporates new protocols and methodology into work as directed by PI and/or senior lab staff.
- Ordering lab supplies as required. Maintains orderly records of purchases.
- Maintains a safe and orderly lab environment. Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs techniques and assist with experiments specific to lab and in accordance with direction from individual PI.
- Performs related duties assigned.
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree Specify Degree(s): Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry Minimum Experience: Required: 3-5 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications:
Minimum Education Required – Bachelor’s degree in: Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry Microbiology, Virology, Immunology is preferred. Minimum Experience: Required: 3-5 years of previous job-related experience in an academic or industry setting.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to organize workflow.
- Ability to work routine job with interpersonal contact skill.
- Ability to interact with internal and external constituents.
- Experience with murine models is preferred.Computer Skills:
Microsoft Office suite of programsSupervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
Lifting, Standing, Repetitive MotionsWorking Conditions:
Lighting, Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, AnimalsOpen Date:
12/09/2020Quick Link for Posting: