HVAC Building Controls System Technician II - 28207
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 35769
UMKC- Campus Facilities ManagementJob Description
Perform skilled work on an advanced journey level in the installation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of pneumatic, electric, electronic, and direct digital control (DDC) heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control systems. All work is subject to spot checking and inspection for conformance to specifications and accepted standards of the trade.
- Install, repair and/or replace pneumatic, electric, electronic, and DDC heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control systems according to design drawings and/or specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures on HVAC pneumatic, electric, electronic, and DDC control systems; diagnose control problems and overhaul, either individually or as part of a team, various building pneumatic, electric, electronic, and DDC control systems. Clean, maintain, safely operate and properly store all tools and equipment.
- Locate and obtain components required for building pneumatic, electric, electronic, and DDC control systems.
- Assist with training of Building Controls Systems Technician I.
- May perform or assist in the preparation of cost estimates, material orders, reports and maintenance of records.
- Observe and enforce all safety requirements related to equipment operation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Personnel in the Building Controls System Technician employee development program:
- This job is a promotional step from a Building Controls Systems Technician I, and requires three years of experience as a Building Controls Systems Technician I.
- Up to 1.5 years of relevant prior experience relative to the specific trade, may be counted toward this requirement.
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, drawings, wiring diagrams, and electrical codes.
- Skill in maintenance and use of tools, equipment and materials of applicable trade.
- Ability on a daily basis to:
- A valid State of Missouri Driver’s License must be held and maintained by incumbents in the position.
May be subject to afterhours call out for emergencies, including wearing a cell phone, pager or other communication device and being placed on standby as requiredFull Time/Part Time
Full time position.Salary
$18.38 to $24.36 per hour.Shift
Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.Application Deadline
Open until filledApplication Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.Comments Supervision ReceivedDirect supervision is received from a designated supervisor. Oral and written instructions are supplemented by plans, drawings or blueprints. Supervision ExercisedMay instruct and/or guide personnel assisting in work.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.