Director of Maintenance Operations
009502Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesWorking Title:
Director of Maintenance OperationsPosition Designation:
EHRA Non-FacultyEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeMonths per Year:
Monday-Friday, weekends as neededHours per week:
Facilities Management (Adm)Work Location:
Facilities Operations Building (FOPS)Salary Range:
110,000 to 130,000Primary Purpose of Department:
The mission of Facilities Management is to provide a quality learning, research, and living environment for the benefit of students, faculty, staff, and the community by planning, building, operating, and maintaining the campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.Primary Purpose of Position:
The Director of Maintenance Operations is responsible for overall leadership and comprehensive management of all campus maintenance and repair to ensure excellence in quality, service and support to the university community.Summary of Position Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for coordinating the delivery of essential facility maintenance functions while ensuring compliance with health, life safety, and building codes, recommending priorities for needed repairs and renovations, management and development of departmental budgets and building of a culture of maintenance excellence while maintaining a high level of care and concern for people. The director will also oversee all building maintenance and repair shops including heating and air conditioning, general trades, electrical, lock shop (including key and card access), plumbing, preventative and predictive maintenance, fire systems and in-house renovations. This role also manages maintenance operations at The Dubois Center in downtown Charlotte and the NCRC campus in Kannapolis.Minimum Education/Experience:
Incumbent must have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering related field, and the following experience:
1. Experience in higher education and specifically research universities or large commercial settings such as hospitals.
2. Fifteen years of maintenance supervision or management experience
3. Demonstrated, strong working knowledge of major systems such as electrical, mechanical, plumbing, along with experience with other maintenance areas such as general trades and the lock shop.
4. Relevant experience managing critical utilities and associated infrastructure.
1. Ability to effectively communicate the English language (reading, writing, interpretation and comprehension) required.
2. Effective skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
3. Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Knowledge and skill with Google Chrome and willingness to learn new programs.
5. Ability to effectively work/interact with persons from different backgrounds and cultures.
6. Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Incumbent will operate assigned vehicles on and/or off campus and are required to possess, maintain, or obtain a valid driver’s license upon appointment to the position required.Preferred Certifications/Licenses:
Registered Professional Engineer.Special Notes to Applicants:
The finalist will be subject to a criminal background check.Posting Open Date:
03/03/2021Posting Close Date:
03/24/2021Open Until Filled: