Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
Salary: $107,498.00 - $166,765.00 Annually
Job Number: 201700241
Closing: 3/17/2021 12:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Department: Information Technology Systems
Additional compensation for doctorate
Interviews tentatively scheduled for March
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students with room to expand on its 267-acre main campus and 120 acre Los Banos site. Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing, access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county.
The Dean of Institutional Effectiveness oversees an area vital to college success. Research, planning, and a collaborative leadership style are valued attributes to help Merced College continue to meet the needs of its student population through data-driven decision-making processes. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative team. College research and planning efforts, ranging from MIS and other institutional effectiveness reports to accreditation, fall under the responsibility of the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness. Merced College is looking for a team player committed to student success to help lead this critical area.
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Information Technology Services, the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness will provide leadership and perform all necessary functions related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data. Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, establish, and provide a high standard of vision, leadership, and direction to the district's institutional effectiveness functions and operations. Provide leadership for the institution's assessment, accreditation, research, and accountability processes. Responsible for planning and implementing strategies that provide direction for strategic planning, accreditation compliance, enrollment management, institutional research, institutional effectiveness, and assessment of institutional outcomes.
Examples of Duties
- Provide overall coordination of program review efforts, including:
- maintaining an institutional inventory of program review reports
- maintaining calendar of program review schedules and status
- supporting program review efforts by data and training for faculty and staff
- maintaining all program review information on the Merced College website
- developing and maintaining data instruments, software, and integrity measures necessary to collect and manage Merced College data
- Relational database design and management and expertise in a major database package (e.g., Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL)
- Complex research methodology and data analysis
- Theories, principles, and practices associated with institutional planning
- Enrollment management strategies and evaluation
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience in institutional effectiveness strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning
- Federal and state laws and regulations affecting college operations and functions
- In-depth knowledge of community college educational services, accreditation standards and the process of accreditation
- Principles of management, leadership, training, and employee performance evaluation
- Academic institution budget preparation and administration
- Execute complex research methodology
- Conduct data analysis
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of institutional stakeholders including managers, faculty, and classified staff
- Study timely, key demographic and educational trends and interpret information for relevance to Merced College
- Manage multiple timelines for internal and external reporting requirements
- Effectively lead and motivate administrators, managers, faculty, and staff with a collaborative style in a collegial and participatory governance environment
- Manage and lead area staff
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
License or Certificate:
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with some travel to different sites; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends
Physical ability to:
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels
- Communicate so others will be able to clearly understand normal conversation
- Read printed matter and computer screens
- Stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, and pull
- Reach in all directions
- Work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various configurations
- Operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard
See in the normal visual range with or without correction
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
How to Apply:
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment; any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the first interview will be scheduled via Zoom. The second/final interview will be scheduled onsite. Applicants are required to ensure access to the necessary technology to participate in a Zoom interview and will be responsible for their travel expenses, if necessary.
The District pays (with small contribution from employee) health, prescription, vision and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents. Life and income protection insurance premiums are provided for the employee only. Sick leave and retirement benefits are also provided.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/2995138/dean-of-institutional-effectiveness
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency