Technical Support Specialist I
Technical Support Specialist I
Responsible for first tier technical support to the University community, sets-up, configures, troubleshoots and upgrades desktops, peripherals and generates written resolutions in central database/knowledge repository and provides bypass and recovery of issues reported to them.
1. Provides high level of customer service to University community during resolution of technical issues.
2. Communicates clearly and effectively with users of varying levels of expertise.
3. Installs, configures and maintains hardware, software and peripherals within University community.
4. Creates and maintains process and procedure documentation.
5. Serves at Customer Service intake desk to receive support requests in person, by phone or through other communications.
6. Logs each request received into the Pacific Technology Incident & Issue management System, maintains updates, and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
7. Troubleshoots hardware and software issues in a professional and expedient manner.
8. Works on special projects as needed (major systems upgrades, new OS installs, etc.).
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• A high school diploma or GED, and two (2) years experience with computer hardware and software
• Minimum one (1) year experience in Customer Service environment.
• Net+, relevant experience or equivalent certification required.
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate with a diverse group of customers, having differing levels of technical expertise, with patience and empathy, fostering trust.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of computer application support, equipment maintenance and repair, customer service skills for a Help Desk environment, network installations/operations, computer management and support, systematic troubleshooting, cable installation and system security.
• Understanding of networks (I.e. LAN’s, WAN’s).
• Understanding of Active Directory (I.e. Password Resets, Users & Computers).
• Proficiency in and knowledge of ServiceNow Incident Management System.
• Proficiency in and knowledge of Apple products and iOS.
• Proficiency in and knowledge of Microsoft Windows products and productivity software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required.
• Preferred ITIL Foundation Certification or successful completion of ITIL training and certification within introductory period.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to accept responsibility for managing assigned tasks, with follow-through to ensure successful completion.
• Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extended periods of sitting with repetitive hand/wrist motion while keying on computer or using phone. Frequent walking and standing required. May require occasional, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching and occasional climbing of ladders and stairs. Simple grasping, frequent use of computer keyboard. Ability to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment and/or machine room with exposure to noise and cooler temperatures. Work performed during business hours that may vary between the hours of 7:00AM-10PM, M-Sun, occasional overtime, afterhours and/or weekend/holiday availability may be required to meet business deadlines. Willingness to work under occasional stress. Travel as required to work on all University campuses.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18553
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency