Chief Development Officer
Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Pay Grade: 10
Department: Office of the President
Reports To: College President
Revision Date: March 2, 2021
The Chief Development Officer is an experienced professional and advocate for community colleges who provides leadership that supports the mission, vision, and strategic direction for the advancement of Coconino Community College. This position provides leadership to the CCC Foundation and has management and organizational responsibility for a comprehensive community college program that includes: planning and managing multi-year campaigns, planned giving, alumni giving, individual donor gifts and relations, and special events for the advancement of Coconino Community College. This position requires a positive and collaborative “can-do” work attitude with a high level of multi-tasking. CCC is seeking a highly motivated individual who will represent the college with enthusiasm and who demonstrates a passion for the mission of the community college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and support for the CCC Foundation and its Committees.
- Creates a business plan and calendar for the Foundation that will help the Foundation grow and serve the needs of the College.
- Works cooperatively with and takes direction from the Foundation Board. (This includes the creation of agendas and minutes, strategic planning, fund-raising reports, Board relations, etc.)
- Responsible for the success of the College scholarship program. Ensures an effective and efficient process that will help students move forward with their educational goals.
- Serves as the CCC fundraising team leader with the expectation of annual growth of donors and scholarship funds.
- Fund Raising Responsibilities: Identifies and cultivates corporate, alumni, individual, and foundation gifts, as well as grant opportunities that advance CCC priorities.
- Relationship Building: Provides excellent stewardship for all donors.
- Event Management: Plans and executes fundraising events and activities on behalf of CCC and the Foundation.
- Financial Collaboration: Works closely with the CCC Business Office in all matters of Finance and Budget Development for the Foundation and in all fundraising efforts of the College.
- Actively participates as the College’s representative with various associations/organizations as requested.
- Serves in Executive Leadership Council. As a member of the executive leadership team of the College, maintains an institutional overview in planning and decision making.
- Provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to all functional area staff with regard to College Mission, Vision, Goals, and Strategic Plans to engage them in furtherance and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Advises and makes detailed presentations to the College President and other College constituents and community members on matters of the College.
- Supervises and provides leadership and mentoring to functional area. This includes making hiring and termination recommendations, conducting performance evaluations, and carrying out disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the functional area to assure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Maintains liaison relationships with business, industry, and community partners as appropriate.
- Makes presentations to the District Governing Board about areas of responsibility and provides information as requested by the Board.
- Creates, champions and maintains a positive workplace environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
Must model the guiding principles with all College interactions. These principles guide the way we work and learn together at Coconino Community College through our commitment to:
- Put Students First
- Listen, Learn, and Collaborate
- Act and Respond with Integrity and Resilience
- Communicate with Honesty, Dignity, and Respect
- Demonstrate Exceptional Stewardship of Public Resources
- Continually Strive for Excellence as a Community of Learners
- Provide a Safe Environment that Reinforces Learning and Innovation
Other Administrative Duties
- Budget development, management, and implementation
- Supervision and positive engagement of assigned staff
- Compliance with college policies and procedures
- Varied work hours that may at times include evenings and weekends
- Travel within Coconino County may be required on occasion
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of fundraising principles in a 501(c)3 environment
- Ability to successfully manage a project from start to finish
- Excellent communication skills- written and oral
- Evidence of sound judgment in decision-making
- Demonstration of outstanding leadership ability applied with emotional intelligence
- Ability to smile and have fun
- Enjoys a workplace diverse in culture and thought
- Experience planning events for the public
- Fundraising experience for a non-profit organization
- Grant writing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in an area related to requirements of the position
- Successful administrative, supervision, and budget experience
- Five years related experience
- A combination of education and experience instead of the qualifications listed will be considered if it provides the skills, knowledge, and abilities to be successful in the position
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Experience working with community volunteers
Salary commensurate with education and experience following the CCC Salary Schedule. Salary range is $69,945 to $84,271.
Position open until filled. First application review date March 22, 2021.
Start date negotiable.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description n is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.