Asst/Assoc Professor of Educational Leadership - Tenure Track
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
Asst/Assoc Professor of Educational Leadership - Tenure TrackDepartment:
DAL-Teacher Education & Admin-518200College/School:
School of EducationJob Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
Commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
The School of Education at UNT-Dallas seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families, and communities by providing high-quality, student focused education in preparation for tomorrow’s careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community inspired to support.Position Summary:
The School of Education seeks an Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Leadership, who will contribute to its Master’s in Educational Leadership program with principal certification program (EC-12). This appointment, which begins Fall 2021, is a tenure track appointment (with the possibility of renewal) at a salary that is competitive and commensurate with rank and experience. All standard University of North Texas-Dallas, School of Education, and relevant faculty personnel rules and procedures apply to this position.
Primary responsibilities include teaching four courses each semester of the academic year (fall and spring). These courses will be in the educational leadership program.
Other responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
•contributing to program assessment, accreditation, development, recruitment, and improvement;
•curricular improvements and development
•student mentoring, advising, and support;
•serving on interview committees;
•management of student certification approval process; and
•engaging in departmental and program-area initiatives.
Summer school teaching is possible but is dependent on budget and course demand.
• Qualified candidates will have an earned doctoral degree in Educational Leadership, Educational Administration, or related Education field with a minimum of eighteen doctoral credits in educational leadership/administration/ school administration and supervision.
• A minimum of three years of certified teaching experience in grades EC-12.
• A minimum of three years campus or district level administration experience.
• Demonstrated experience teaching educational leadership/administration/ school administration and supervision graduate courses at an accredited college or university.
• Evidence of publishing and/or presentations as a scholar/researcher commensurate with rank.
• Hold current principal or educational leader/administrator certification.
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Established grant writing track record with experiences as a principle investigator or co-investigator.
• Research experience in the field of Educational Leadership.
• Individuals who understand the Texas Examination of Educator Standards Principal Certification Process including the 268 Principal as Instructional Leader and 368 Performance Assessment of School Leadership exams
• Preference will be given to those who have experience with culturally diverse students at the K-12 and/or college/university level.
• Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff, and faculty.
• Bilingual Spanish
Lifting up to 25 pounds, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Ability to communicateSecurity Sensitive:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Driving University Vehicle:
F388PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant’s interest, qualifications, and experience for the position, copies of educator certifications, and unofficial graduate transcripts with application.Quicklink for Posting: