Instructional Designer I
Job no: 515933
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Education/Instructional, Information Systems/Technology, Other
Department:02010204 - PV-TEACH AND TECH COIP
Instructional Designer IJob Description:
Based at the University of Florida’s East Campus, the Center for Online Innovation and Production (COIP) is a high-production instructional design unit focused on building word-class, fully online programs. Built on innovation and collaboration, this dynamic team includes passionate instructional designers, graphic designers, and videographers, who collaborate with faculty through all phases of the course design and production process. Integral to COIP’s mission is the development of courses for UF Online, Office of Professional and Workforce Development, and the Office of Distance Learning. The courses align with pedagogical strategies and research data, incorporate new technologies for enhanced learning, and convey a modern look and feel for the students’ overall experience. COIP is seeking an enthusiastic and innovative instructional designer who can contribute to the development of superior online courses.
Provide course maintenance support for existing UF Online courses with emphasis on the following:
- Assist faculty in readying their UF Online courses each semester, to include assisting with setup of Canvas course shells and copying content. Evaluate and update existing online courses using ADA compliance guidelines, US copyright guidelines, and UF Standards and Markers guidelines.
- Assist faculty in updating content including quiz and discussion questions, lectures, readings, and activities.
- Provide assistance and training to online faculty as needed and serve as single point of contact for faculty regarding UF Online course production.
Provide course technical support for existing UF Online courses with emphasis on the following:
- Provide assistance to faculty in the recording studio.
- Provide assistance to faculty with mid-semester surveys.
- Write effective copy, instructional text, and audio/video scripts. Utilize color theory and UI design principles to provide basic graphic design using Photoshop, Canvas Design Tools, etc.
- Maintain proficiency needed to provide support and maintenance such as Canvas, Photoshop, Project Management, Adobe Suite and Office.
Actively engage in course production for UF Online covering the following areas:
- Develop technically and pedagogically sound synchronous and asynchronous activities, surveys, assessments, and learning objects by utilizing instructional design principles such as Bloom’s Taxonomy, Adult Learning Theory, Mayer’s Multimedia Design Principles, etc.
- Provide course production support for new UF Online courses to be developed. Follow the production process in each stage of development by maintaining project documentation, assets, and course folders, meeting deadlines and adhering to internal protocols, and logging time in the project management tool.
Other duties as assigned.Expected Salary:
$50,000 - $55,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization, or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience, is required.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in Canvas learning management system, as well as PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline and, Mediasite. Online learning and teaching experience and editing with HTML is a plus.Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition will be used to fill multiple positions.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is not a work-from-home or remote position, and may require periodic travel between East Campus and main campus. Must be able to start within 4 weeks of accepting official letter of offer.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 06 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time