Extension Program Manager - Family Nutrition Program (Volusia)
Job no: 515924
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:60451000 - AG-FAMILY NUTRITION PROGRAM
Extension Program ManagerJob Description:
The UF/IFAS Extension Family Nutrition Program (FNP) is seeking an inclusive manager to provide day-to-day leadership and coordination of SNAP-Education in Volusia County. Join us to create a healthier Florida!
What is SNAP-Ed
SNAP-Ed (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Education) is a federally funded grant program that teaches people how to eat healthy on a budget and be more physically active to reduce the risk of obesity and chronic disease.
- The UF/IFAS Extension Family Nutrition Program (FNP) has been providing SNAP-Ed in Florida since 1996
- Funding comes from the USDA through the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF)
- We teach nutrition education classes where people normally gather, such as schools, community centers, libraries, and churches
- Our dedicated regional public health and food systems staff work to impact policies, systems, and environments to support healthy changes in our communities
As the Volusia FNP Extension Program Manager (EPM), you will be joining a signature Extension program impacting over 1 million income-constrained Floridians each year. As the state’s premier land-grant university, UF offers free educational programs through Extension to provide solutions for everyday problems facing Florida’s families. As part of Extension, you will be joining a network that has served Floridians for over 100 years. You will lead a passionate team and be an ambassador for University of Florida, IFAS Extension, and SNAP-Ed to local stakeholders.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Provide supervision and leadership for the FNP Volusia County team, which includes three full-time paraprofessional community Nutrition Educators and a part-time Office Assistant
- Promote the program locally and recruit teaching sites
- Provide regular training and coaching to staff
- Collaborate with specialists in Policy, Systems, and Environmental (PSE) Change to positively impact local food systems and public health
- Work closely with county Extension faculty to foster community partnerships
- Develop and implement a local plan and budget, submit monthly reports to capture programming data and successes
- Travel as necessary within Volusia county and occasionally within the state of Florida for training
What We Are Looking For
- Ability to create a positive and productive team environment using leadership, communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Someone who embodies and models FNP core values
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms
- Ability to interact with clients and partners from diverse backgrounds
- Someone who can synthesize and communicate guidance and directives
- Ability to exercise independence and initiative in completing assignments under remote supervision
- Comfortable using technology to keep a busy team productive, organized and connected
This is a time-limited, grant funded position.
The FNP Volusia County team is in Deland, FL. Due to COVID-19, most staff are approved to work from home with minimal travel until June 30, 2021. You will be expected to return to the office once it is deemed safe to do so.
The Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences is committed to creating an environment that affirms diversity across a variety of dimensions, including ability, class, ethnicity/race, gender identity and expression. We particularly welcome applicants who can contribute to such an environment through their scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and professional service.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD) or visit Accessibility at UF .Expected Salary:
$38,900 - $45,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience
The University of Florida offers highly competitive benefits and retirement options, generous leave plans, a health and wellness program that reflects its commitment to quality of life and quality of work, and many more competitive perks and rewards.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area; or a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Valid driver licensePreferred Qualifications:
- Two years of management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking, presenting to groups, and leading training
- Degree in human nutrition or closely related field, education, management, business, or public administration
- Proven success managing relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with grant-funded programs and/or working with government agencies
Please include your resume and a cover letter.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 02 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 16 Mar 2021 Eastern Daylight Time