IT Tech Associate 2, Help Desk
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-25
Serve as the first line of support for Health System IT customers resolving a wide range of issues and inquiries relating to PCs printers peripherals operating systems software and departmental and institutional systems. Process incoming requests and calls from internal and external customers as well as Leadership.
- Resolves inquiries PC printer and clinical/departmental system issues within the Medical Center.
- Ensures a follow-up of 95% of all assisted calls are answered within 24 hours of receipt.
- System outages are communicated to all designated customers and leadership affected using established procedures.
- Troubleshoots Issues and Workflow: Problems and issues are detected in a timely manner Proficient in troubleshooting techniques Documentation issues are identified and potential solutions offered in a timely and concise manner
- Proactively escalate unresolved problems to the appropriate group or leadership member.
- Identify effective and efficient process improvement solutions and opportunities Innovative solutions are produced by working cooperatively with others both internal and external to HIT.
- Participation in internal and external committees and work groups are conducted in a professional manner.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: High School Degree
- Experience: 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to be onsite in Charlottesville, VA
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.