Ortho Ambulatory Administrative Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-02
Perform a variety of administrative support functions for one or more Medical Center clinics to facilitate flow of patients through the clinic visit. Job responsibilities require strong organizational skills, detailed knowledge of clinic operations, and interpretation and appropriate application of organizational and departmental policies and procedures. Strong interpersonal skills are required for effective interaction with physicians, patients and colleagues.
- Answer the telephone, greet visitors, and communicate with providers, clinical staff, and other support services following established communication pathways.
- Develops and implements effective and professional clinic practices and procedures.
- Coordinate all logistics of clinic visit for continuity and efficiency of service.
- Responsible for handling clinic specific special projects.
- Provide services in a manner to maximize patient satisfaction and loyalty.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties that assist in the operation of the clinic(s).
- Perform area-specific support activities.
- Communicate appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Serve, manage and support internal and external customers.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Participate as a team member and be accountable for own work responsibilities.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
Licensure: Valid Virginia Driver’s License may be required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, climbing (ladder, steps), reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive) and driving. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 - 100lbs. May be exposed to fumes, vibrations, heat, dust, noise, radiation and outdoor climate.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.