Program Coordinator, China and East Asia Programs, Arizona Global
UA GlobalDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Reporting to the Director, the Program Coordinator for China Programs is responsible for supporting and coordinating the implementation of a wide range of programs for the China region, including but not limited to Dual Degree Programs, Global Direct Programs, Early University Programs, Pathway Programs, and Online Pprograms partnering with OPMs in China. The Program Coordinator for China Programs assists in working with various partners in China to execute collaborations that will lead to the effective and smooth implementation of programs established by the University of Arizona and Chinese university partners. The Program Coordinator for China Programs works with various offices within UA Global and across campus to identify resources and support cooperation that will lead to the successful implementation of UA’s China programs. The Program Coordinator will also support initiatives to increase the success and satisfaction of all students in all UA’s Chinesea program students. The candidate is expected to support and advance Inclusive Excellence, the UA diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiative designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in successfully implementing UA Global’s strategic plan for the China region.
- Assist in managing and implementing Dual Degree Programs and other programs in China.
- Assist in expanding China-related programs in China.
- Assist in collaborations between the Office of China Programs and various offices within UA Global as well as departments across campus.
- Assist in collaborations between Office of China Programs and Chinese partners.
- Assist in organizing activities that engage Chinese students.
- Draft program/project memos, reports, newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Contribute to effective communication and reporting for all China programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills
- Strong spoken and written skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Ability to collaborate across campus and disciplines
- Ability to work effectively with US and Chinese individuals, groups, and institutions
- Diligence, independence, and an ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and maturity
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five-years’ combined experience in international culture-related business, cultural exchange, global affairs in a college or university, or related experience
- Five-years’ combined experience in post-secondary education background in both China and the US
- en years combined working experience in both China and the US
- Five years combined working experience in higher education cooperation or exchanges
- Fluent in both Mandarin Chinese and English
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$37,506 - $52,092, DOECompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Global InitiativesJob Function:
Academic AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
3/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.