Community Outreach Professional II
Sch Geography, Dev & EnvironDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The UA Community and School Garden Program (CSGP) is searching for a Program Manager (Community Outreach Professional II) to assist the CSGP Director in overseeing the CSGP activities, which includes but is not limited to monitoring program budgets, coordinating relations with community partners/schools, supporting our interns and developmental activities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administrative: Lead CSGP activities including the website(quarterly check for dead links), donor database, mailings, annual report,grant writing/reporting, events, scholarship activities, meeting minutes, andIT
- The individual will manage programmatic staff, graduate students serving as TAs for the CSGW class, and a subset of the class interns.
- Financial: Produce program expense reports, processstipends, purchasing card paperwork, and invoices, monitor grant budgets andgenerate financial reports twice per year.
- Programmatic: Coordinate CSGP program actitivies includingbut not limited to budgets, evaluations, mailings, meeting minutes, reportpreparation, and scheduling .
- Community Partner and CSGW Team Support: Coordinaterelations with school and community partners and the CSGW interns as well astraining CSGW TA(s).
- Intern Support and Coordination: Train and operate as thelead for the field coordinators/TAs of the CSGW course to support interns attheir sites and in the classroom including managing the student outcomeassessment process of intern performance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- MA or equivalent advanced degree in a field appropriate to duties is preferred
- Proven ability to independently initiate and maintain an organization programs
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective communication in a professional manner
- Proven capacity to deliver work by established deadlines and adapt to changes in a fluid environment
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$40,000 - $45,000 DOECompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/8/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
3/2/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.