Night Custodian I Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
605 # of Openings:
1 Night Custodian l Job Overview
The Custodian I is responsible for the regular cleaning of assigned Wheaton College facilities. This position also supports the work of Project Custodians and the Event Setup and Moving Crew as needed. Reports to the Custodial Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor and/or a Lead Custodian. The starting hourly rate for this position is $13.50. The days are Sunday – Thursday. The shift is from 11:00 PM – 7:30 AM. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Clean assigned facilities according to departmental practices and standards that have been communicated.
- Monitor and controls supply inventory and equipment in assigned cleaning area(s) according to prescribed levels and standards. Notifies supervisor when supplies need to be reordered and/or if equipment needs repair.
- During staffing shortages, assist in cleaning outside of normal work area(s) and performs extra tasks as assigned.
- Communicate with Supervisors concerning building or cleaning needs in assigned area(s). This includes unusual cleaning needs, emergencies, safety concerns and needed building repairs.
- Respond to campus emergencies resulting in cleaning needs both during and after work hours.
- Implement and practices chemical and work safety rules.
- If assigned, perform floor care, specialized cleaning or other tasks that require use of specialized equipment or procedures (i.e., carpet cleaning and hard floor care).
- Participate in all required training.
- High School or equivalent.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Team player committed to institutional and departmental priorities, able to collaborate effectively with others.
- Must be reliable and hold a sense of urgency for established timelines.
- Self-motivated, with efficient time management skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to pay attention to details and follow routines.
- Ability to follow simple written or verbal directions.
- Must Complete Blood Borne Pathogen training.
- Must Complete Physical Exam.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motions, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, climb, crawl, crouch, stoop, kneel, bend, push, pull, lift and carry up to 30 pounds. FLSA Status -
Non-Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity.