Principal Clerk Typist, Department of Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Education (Internal...
Job no: 495060
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
Categories: Administrative - Clerical
- The department of Language, Literacy, and Sociocultural Education in the College of Education at Rowan University is seeking a Principal Clerk Typist to provide direct complex and technical clerical support to the Department Chairperson. The Department offers major degree programs (1 undergraduate degree in Subject Matter Education; 1 BA in Literacy Studies; 3 undergraduate endorsements/CUGS in Reading, English as a Second Language and Bilingual Education; and 3 master’s degrees – MA in Reading Education, MA in Urban Studies and Community Studies, and MST in Subject Matter Education). This position plays an integral role in ensuring efficiency, accuracy and professionalism in daily operations of the department. Possession of excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary. In addition, the successful candidate must have knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and mail merge functions, as well as knowledge of electronic filing of routine office documents.
- Perform administrative clerical duties as delegated by the Department Chairperson, assuming and performing duties in their absence.
- Perform all ordering functions for supplies, including classroom and reading lab supplies.
- Organize and coordinate Department’s Advisory Council Meetings and other annual events and recruiting events.
- Maintain a thorough and systemized electronic filing system that can be readily accessed by the Chair when they require specific information regarding the department.
- Monitor the Departmental computers, copiers printers and large format plotter. Oversee repair of all equipment, troubleshooting any breakdowns in service or operation of the lab. Monitor and order supplies for multiple printers.
- Attend department meetings and meetings of the department budget committee.
- Assist faculty with travel requests (i.e. mileage and reimbursements)
- Maintain department bulletin boards and departmental promotional materials and decorations.
- Support faculty teaching evaluation data collection
- Prepare and maintain files and databases
- Sort and deliver internal and external mail and correspondence
- Appropriate handle confidential and sensitive information
- Support faculty in copying, scanning, and faxing
- Other clerical duties as assigned
- Finance & Budgets
- Perform work relating to the department’s financial accounts which include Operational and Global funds. This involves overseeing the correct allocation of monies for equipment, travel, salary, outside contractors, student employment and other expenses, providing budget transfers to complete the process. Work closely with Dean’s Office and Office of Clinical Experiences.
- Initiate special service contracts
- Complete requisitions, catering orders, work orders, Non-POs and budget transfers
- Act as approver delegate for travel request and approval process in Concur including those for Day Travel
- Support faculty with administration of internal grants and external contracts/small grants in collaboration with CASE administrative staff.
- Two (2) years of keyboarding experience, which shall have included clerical work containing a relatively large proportion of difficult tasks.
- Note: Successful completion of a clerical training program with a minimum of 700 classroom training hours or 30 semester hour credits in secretarial science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of general experience indicated above. Course work must include keyboarding skills, methods, and procedures, and other courses may include office procedures, word processing, and business English.
Title Eligibility and Consideration:
- Open to current employees in the competitive division who have completed their working test period as of the closing date in any competitive title, meet the required experience listed above, and have a record of passing a NJ Civil Service Commission or Rowan University typing test.
- Only completed internal applications submitted on or before the deadline from eligible candidates will be considered.
- Range R12
- For promotions, this would be a provisional opportunity pending exam.
Advertised: Mar 1 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 15 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time