Education Center Director
Job location: Key West
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-02
Job Description SummaryUnder the general direction of the Regional Assistant Vice President of WorldWide, the Education Center Director maintains overall responsibility and provides leadership for the coordination of activities at their respective location. The Education Center Director leads new enrollment efforts as well as continuing enrollment retention efforts for the Center. The Director is also responsible for day-to-day operations of the Education Center.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of Center staff and faculty at the Education Center.
- Support implementation of the university strategic plan and the Division of Continuing Education Plan of Operation as it relates to current and future activities within the Education Center.
- Assist in providing clear processes to ensure employees have a solid understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure enrollment, retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Work with university academic partners to ensure appropriate alignment of academic offerings at center location.
- Coordinate and facilitate business development initiatives including corporate partnerships, credentialing programs and articulation agreements.
- Represent the university to appropriate public and private constituencies, including overseeing compliance activities with various regulatory agencies such as SACSCOC, the US Military, state regulations and others.
- Implement various university academic, fiscal, and human resources policies.
- Seek out new ventures and opportunities in accordance with the university strategic plan.
- Adhere to and be an advocate for the university’s core values of Personal Development, Responsible Stewardship, Integrity, Community, Excellence, Respect
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Assistant Vice President
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience in higher education administration preferred.
- Experience with non-traditional students preferred.
- Excellent oral, and written skills
- Superior organizational skills; ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently.
- Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (current students, alumni, faculty, etc.) from many different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and managing student databases required
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.