Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-03-02
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center is actively seeking a full-time Systems Analyst to work on the UHealth campus. The Systems Analyst analyzes and resolves computer problems, tests and implements cost-effective solutions, and provides support for the efficient daily operation of data processing systems. Additionally, the incumbent reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing, in support of the University’s application systems. An employee in this position also consults with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs necessary investigation, analysis, and evaluation to determine project feasibility.
- Identifies system requirements and discusses system problems with managers and users to determine their exact nature.
- Defines the goals of systems and takes the steps necessary to achieve them.
- Practices techniques, such as structured analysis, mathematical model building, and cost analysis to plan the system and needed modifications.
- Determines necessary data to be entered and processing procedures and structures the output to meet user needs.
- Prepares diagrams and exhibits to explain proposed system to managers and users in a clear format.
- Liaises with users to track additional requirements and features.
- Documents interfaces between new and legacy systems.
- Collaborates with IT team and developers to produce new systems.
- Validates changes by testing programs and works with programmers to debug system and eliminate errors.
- Prepares a cost-benefit analysis to determine whether the implementation of a system is financially feasible.
- Draws up specifications, diagrams, and charts for programmers to follow in writing software instructions.
- Ensures deadline and budget requirements are met.
- Trains users on the new operation systems and provides support.
- Stays up-to-date with current technologies and technical developments.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i105