Part-Time Non Credit Instructors
Department:: Center for Corp. & Community Edu.
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Mar 2, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: PT No Benefits
Position ID:: 128657
Part-Time Non Credit Instructors: Center for Corporate & Community Education; Haverhill and/or Lawrence Campuses and/or online.
SUMMARY: Northern Essex Community College's Center for Corporate and Community Education is seeking part-time instructors to develop and teach courses for corporate clients and community members, in noncredit computer skills, occupational training, personal interest, and professional development courses. Topics include business supervisory skills, computer software skills, culinary arts, foreign languages, Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure, CPR, photography, nonprofit management, accounting and bookkeeping, and interior decoration.
This pool will be accessed when an opening arises. Your application will remain active for three years. After this time, you will need to apply again with current, updated information if you are still interested in remaining a part of the pool.
- Develop and teach classroom curriculum
- Plan, coordinate, manage, and direct the classroom curriculum, skills lab, and learning environment for students.
- Evaluate interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in the classroom, skill lab, and clinical settings at regular intervals to measure student performance.
- Maintain confidential, accurate, and complete records and reports as required by state standards.
- Responsible for efficient and effective use of supplies and equipment.
- Complete and submit course records and reports in a timely manner in compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Must possess a master's degree or higher from an accredited College or University; or a bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years' experience (Personal Interest and Culinary classes excluded)
- A minimum of one 1 year of teaching or training experience is required
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required
- The ability to establish a rapport with students and maintain an environment that supports learning and promotes student retention
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must be able to teach Live/Remote
- Adult education experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution
These are part-time, non-benefitted positions.
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery
TO APPLY: To be considered for these positions you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
This application pool will be accessed when an opening arises. Your application will remain active for three years. After this time, you will need to apply again with current, updated information if you are still interested in remaining a part of the pool.