Administrative Assistant IV
Administrative Assistant IV
San Diego Community College District
Closing Date: 3/23/2021
Position Number: 001779
Location: San Diego Miramar College
Position Type: Classified
Applications are currently being accepted for Administrative Assistant IV in the School of Liberal Arts located at Miramar College. Hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department's needs.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
1. Experience in compiling, preparing, monitoring, auditing, and reviewing data using computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
2. Ability to efficiently multi-task complex administrative duties in a very busy and fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm, cordial and professional disposition.
3. Ability to train faculty and supporting staff members regarding: organization,
operations, policies, procedures, and objectives.
4. Experience in scheduling, planning, organizing, coordinating and prioritizing various assignments with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to provide technical support and expertise for the student information system, including troubleshooting and resolving application or database issues.
6. Effective writing and communication skills, detail oriented, strong organizational and record-keeping techniques, and ability to establish and meet deadlines.
7. Ability and judgment to establish and maintain positive public relations.
8. Exercise judgement and discretion on handling confidential and sensitive matters in a reasonable and equitable manner.
9. Ability to serve as a liaison between assigned area and other segments of a district, outside government or community agency or private business.
10. Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and classified professionals.
Range 21 ($3,588.55 - $5,728.13) per month based on the current Classified salary schedule. New employees will begin on Step A ($3,588.55), Step B ($3,767.96) with 18 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience or up to Step C ($3,956.37) with 36 months of verified, paid, full-time equivalent related job experience. For purposes of salary placement, 7.5 semester units (or equivalent quarter units) of directly related coursework from a regularly accredited institution will be equivalent to one (1) year of job experience. Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA. This position is FLSA Non-exempt (may accrue overtime). Excellent Benefits are provided to all Contract employees with assignments greater than, or equal to, 50% (0.50 FTE) and all eligible dependents. A temporary probationary period will apply to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency