Associate Director, Financial Aid Technology
Associate Director, Financial Aid Technology
Job ID: 224438
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Manage information technology support for the Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid (OSFA) which administers student financial assistance programs including scholarships, grants, loans and student work arrangements. Support services include new system testing, information processing operations and liaison with campus and external IT support organizations. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance and providing feedback, and working with HR on pay recommendations.
- Lead system testing/implementations for OSFA including student information system and all related technologies
- Supervise and coordinate daily system operations including loading and transmission to and from external entities
- Confer with the Office of Information Technology and external service providers on OSFA technology related issues
- Maintain system documentation and procedures.
- Supervise IT staff to including training, planning and organizing activities and monitoring performance
- Develop, maintain, and assess BANNER based rules and management queries to ensure compliance and achieve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Lead and supervise OSFA's Technical and Systems unit and serve as a member of OSFA Leadership Team
- Serve as OSFA's primary liaison with University System technical teams
- Serve as Data Security Officer for data received and stored by OSFA
- Coordinate all system develop and discovery efforts in close collaboration with OSFA Leadership Team and Campus partners
- Implement and manage records policies and procedures focused on student success
- Coordinate all student processes that relate to the department's functions
- Execute reports related to record audits, interprets results, delivers analysis and resolutions
- Actively engage with the department leadership and proposes ideas and solutions for successful progress of the operation
- Lead meetings regarding financial aid projects, especially technology related projects
- Provides leadership and support to department, division, and university stakeholders
- Develops, trains, implements, maintains, and communicates services and programs to relevant stakeholders
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, NCAA, USG and Kennesaw State rules and regulations
- Contributes and participates in the strategic planning process and future direction of the department/division
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Eight (8) years relevant experienceExtensive working knowledge of Banner (Ellucian)Experience with reporting/query tools and coding in SQL (or gathering data from other relation database systems)Experience accessing data from Banner Student Information System
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree in higher education or related field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Self-motivated with the ability to learn new and enhanced concepts quickly Possess the ability to identify source causes for data quality issues Ability to prioritize problem resolution based on business need, timelines, and scale of impact Proactively search for improvement opportunities Gather and organize data and information to inform decision-making Support the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures including process documentation such as workflows, specifications, and responsibility assignment Ability to work in partnership with, staff, faculty, administrators, federal/state entities, and servicers to ensure student success Ability to maintain compliant records of all transactions between the University and outside reporting entities. Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time
Demonstrated understanding of the revenue impact each function has in the Financial Aid Office and the ability to address performance and operations to eliminate any negative effect to the University Experience in creating and analyzing detailed reports and providing effective presentations Extensive knowledge of Banner (Ellucian Banner ERP), enabling individuals to understand/recognize system needs, troubleshoot, and adequately resolve concerns. Possess knowledge of SQL and ORACLE PL/SQL; Familiarity with HTTP, XML; Toad. Extensive working and tested knowledge of State Program rules and regulations, as they pertain to Financial Aid in the State of Georgia and Title IV rules and regulations, as they pertain to Federal Student Financial Aid Demonstrated experience leading compliance efforts involving federal, state, and institutional financial aid Working knowledge of and abide by the regulations of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Higher Education Act (HEA) as amended Successful track record in planning, coordinating, and completing large scale, detail-oriented projects and events Experience in creating and analyzing detailed reports and providing effective presentations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Ellucian Banner Financial Aid Module, USG GA Modifications to Banner, Common Origination and Disbursement, Central Processing System, Surfer, and the National Student Loan Data System) and knowledge of all relational databases Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Conflict management and resolution skills, high level of empathy and ability to deal with difficult and confidential situations Self-motivated with the ability to learn new and enhanced concepts quickly
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224438&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency