Human Resources Benefits Assistant – Part Time
Part TimeBergen Community CollegePosted 1 month ago
Bergen Community College is the number one community college in the state of NJ. It serves the region’s need for a convenient, affordable and comprehensive higher education destination. Bergen Community serves more than 32,000 students in degree, continuing education and adult education programs.
We are seeking a friendly and enthusiastic person to join our HR team. This part time opportunity requires an independent thinker who is highly organized and can provide outstanding service to the BCC community. In this position, you will manage employee records, keep and update files, prepare reports as needed, assist with benefits enrollment and data audits. Performs other related responsibilities as assigned.
An organized, detail-oriented work ethic is a must. This is an excellent learning opportunity for candidates interested in pursuing a career in human resources. If you are interested in pursuing professional opportunities in the field of Human Resources, this would be an excellent introduction. Come join our team of dedicated professionals and accelerate your career today!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist employees with general benefit inquiries.
- Provide administrative support with benefit enrollment applications.
- Enter benefit information in college HRIS system (Colleague).
- Create Family Medical Leave (FML) and COBRA packets.
- Track benefit paperwork for new hires.
- Update various spreadsheets for data accuracy.
- Other benefit related projects as requested
Administrative and Other Duties
- Performs routine clerical work.
- Ensures that employee files are accurate and up to date
- Answer and attends to telephone calls
- Interacts with employees to provide information in response to inquiries about services.
Required Qualifications: Associate’s Degree required or equivalent experience required. General knowledge of HR and business processes, or related field. Knowledge of benefits and benefits process a plus. Experience: A minimum of 6 months to 1 year of general office experience in a business or educational environment. Prior experience with benefit a plus.Contact:
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code PT-HRBEN) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by March 15, 2021. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]