Part Time Cook 1
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-03-01
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
(60%) Food Preparation and Cost
(a)Assists in preparation and serving of food for the main service outlets; (b) maintains specialty foods know-how, including gluten-free, vegetarian, and restricted diet meals; (c) utilizes fresh herbs from the Food Services garden; (d) helps control food and labor costs by reducing waste with proper techniques and storage of food products.
(30%) Sanitation and Safety
(a)Maintains awareness of routine cleaning schedules and points out areas for deep cleaning as needed; (b) utilizes sanitation solution properly; (c) keeps uniform clean at all times; (c) follows safety procedures and reports repair needs to management.
(10%) Training and Other
(a)Trains new recruits; (b) supervises and trains student employees to be leaders; (c) fosters good working habits by setting an example; (d) conducts meetings when necessary; (e) performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
● Education and Work Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
● Skill Set:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; compute rate, ratio, percent
● License or Certification: Current food handler’s permit; HAZCOM training required; must be willing to work toward Serve Safe certification* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.