Strength & Conditioning Coach
Strength & Conditioning CoachPosition Number:
$40,000 - $50,000Job Summary/Description:
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the strength and conditioning programs for all sports in cooperation with head coaches. Also responsible for supervising workouts of student-athletes, oversees weight room, and maintains equipment. Required to supervise graduate assistants, student-assistants, and volunteer assistants in the performance of pre-defined tasks.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Develop and implement strength and conditioning training programs for all sports in cooperation with head coaches.
2. Schedule strength and conditioning workouts in cooperation with the head coach of each sport.
3. Be present (or have trained personnel available) for all workouts with student-athletes.
4. Provide athletes with guidance and proper training techniques.
5. Maintain weight rooms in the Junell Center and keep records of all equipment.
6. Update the Director of Athletics on equipment needs and/or upgrades recommended.
7. Maintain up to date records on the strength program of each team and specific individual workouts for each student-athlete.
8. Responsible for complying with all NCAA, LSC, ASU, and TTU system policies and procedures.
1. Knowledge of the general principles of strength (weight) training and physical conditioning.
2. Knowledge of specific training principles with regards to strength and conditioning exclusive to the different sports sponsored within the athletic department.
3. Ability to demonstrate basic techniques relative to performing exercises properly and safely.
4. Ability to create daily, monthly, and yearly workout plans for student-athletes in all sports sponsored within the athletic department.
5. Must possess communication skills necessary to disseminate program information to student-athletes and coaches both verbally and in writing.
A bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred, from a regionally accredited institution. A minimum of two years experience in the field of strength training required. NSCA Certification is required. A strong commitment to the student-athlete concept and a working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required.Physical Requirements:
This position does require the physical capability to lift weights (light, medium, and heavy) for the purpose of cleaning and arranging weight room workout areas. Also, requires the physical strength to be able to “spot” athletes while they are performing lifts in the weight rooms.EEO Statement:
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
03/01/2021Desired Start Date:
02/15/2021Open Until Filled: