Records Systems Coordinator - Office of the Registrar (143010)
Records Services Coordinator
Office of the Registrar
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Records Systems Coordinator in the Office of the Registrar. The Records Systems Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Associate Registrar and Registrar with all matters pertaining to Records Services, particularly oversight for transcript and verification services.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and decide on Petitions for Residency Status Determination and other residency issues. Review, decide, and update petitions for the late registration fees and extension of undergraduate guaranteed tuition.
- Hire, train and provide direct supervision of full-time employees in the Transcripts & Verifications and Registration Services Units. Hire, train and provide direct supervision of seasonal employees dependent on work volume.
- Coordinate intercampus and concurrent registration with other University campuses. Create and update student records related to special registration statuses.
- Incorporate continuous quality improvement strategies in the transcript, verification, and registration services areas so that software and hardware are utilized optimally, and highly efficient processes are developed and documented; and personnel are trained and supervised to provide appropriate, courteous, and dependable service to constituents.
- Assist with tuition and fee assessment setup verification and policy explanation for campus and client inquiries.
- Establish and maintain statistics related to all services provided and establish and maintain quality control methods.
- Assist students as they exercise their rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act to review their records. Guide students who wish to challenge the content of their records by advising them of the appropriate procedures to follow. Provide service to individuals who have received appropriate permission to view student records.
- Interact with colleges, departments, and other University administrative units on matters pertaining to the transcript, certifications, and registration activities. Provide escalation support to the staff performing related duties.
- Oversee post-registration/withdrawal review and adjustment of tuition and fees assessments and authorize additional charges and adjustments as appropriate for retroactive transactions.
- Oversee the process of updating attributes for students studying abroad and off-campus as well as in absentia status for graduate students.
- Act as an intermediary between lending institutions and guarantor agencies with issues related to enrollment verification and loan deferments.
- Maintain, produce, and distribute confidential transcripts, verifications, and other records in accordance with federal and institutional policy. Maintain related documents and correspondence. Establish security protocols for all processes and for employees.
- Order and maintain inventory for highly secure paper and maintain protocols that assure the security of the paper and other supplies utilized to produce official documents of the institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of records management experience in an institution.
Preferred education, experience, and qualifications:
- Records management experience in a large volume institution.
- Supervisory experience.
Successful candidates will have:
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to develop and execute detailed policies and procedures related to the duties of the position.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct staff and to maintain absolute accuracy and documentation in records.
- Thorough knowledge of the University structure and general records-keeping standards.
- Working knowledge of computer-based files maintained in support of student records in general.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook.
Salary and Appointment Information:
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications must be received by March 29, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Jen Cochrane at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Provost Category:2-Administrative Title:Records Systems Coordinator - Office of the Registrar (143010) Open Date:03/01/2021 Close Date:03/29/2021 Organization Name:Office of the Registrar