Dining Shift Supervisor
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreCampus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeQuality Assurance:
- Navigate customer complaints and is empowered to make decisions in the best interest of the operation and its guests.
- Ensure all ParTech and A9 labeling procedures are followed during scheduled shift and takes corrective action when out of compliance, including creation of accurate labels, troubleshooting equipment and staff education.
- Conduct audits of efficiency and effectiveness and offers solutions to the Management Team.
- Assist in creation of standardized operating procedures, and training methods.
- Ensure all areas are setup and broken down in accordance with SOP's
- Comply and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Serve on the food safety response team and responds to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment. If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Assist in the culinary staff recruitment, training and on-boarding process
- Empower others to make decision in areas within their span of control, and participates in measures to increase empowerment response rate and overall score.
- Ensure employees follow assigned schedule, appropriate break times and follow accurate procedures of requesting time off.
- Hold others accountable, following dynamic discipline process. Discusses staff issues with Management Team.
- Display and demonstrates excellent communication skills. Coaches others to develop their communication skills.
- Signature authority of performance plans of all Dining Attendants
- Implement and is accountable for following all dining room SOP's in assigned area.
- Understand and utilizes all production equipment in assigned facility.
- Place work orders as needed.
- Assist with ordering and receiving of product as needed.
- Optimally passes ServSafe and offers tutoring assistance to staff.
- The salary for this position is $41,292.
- Four years of food service experience.
- Relevant education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
- ServSafe certified and/or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to acquire ServSafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate ServSafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
- Ability to work in a team driven environment.
- Strong Attention to detail.
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by March 10, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.Essential Services
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]