FT Faculty - Emergency Medical Studies Department
Department: Health Sciences
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jan 26, 2021
Ref No.: 127824
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Full-time Paramedic Studies instructor in the Emergency Medical Studies Department. Primarily responsible for the curriculum development and teaching of courses in Paramedic Studies, as well as Emergency Medical Technician courses as needed.
- Deliver, assess and revise curriculum for the Certificate and an Associate Degree in Paramedic Studies, both on campus and online
- Teach courses in the A,S. program in Paramedic Studies and the Paramedic Studies Certificate Program, both on campus and online
- Participate in the gathering data and documentation for report submission of required reports to OEMS, NREMT, and/or CoAEMPS; Participate in writing and submission of reports
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and laboratory setting using outcomes-based assessments
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of paramedic courses and assist in developing course standards
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility
- Practice safety in the EMT/Paramedic labs at all times.
- Comply with all duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- EMT-Paramedic with 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters' preferred
- College-level teaching or relevant experience as a paramedic trainer required
- Online teaching experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Massachusetts Certified EMT Instructor Coordinator
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support/Health Care Provider Instructor
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technician: Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Instructor
- National Association of Emergency Medical Technician: Advanced Medical Life Support
Salary Range: $65,000.00-$75,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
To Ensure Priority Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By February 25, 2021.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE