Financial Aid Specialist
Financial Aid Specialist
Posting Number: 0001015
PS Position#: 00000306
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $31,800 - $34,980 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B22. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Financial Aid
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will provide the delivery of the Title IV federal aid programs, Texas State aid programs, as well as institutional aid programs, in accordance with program rules and regulations and Lee College policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Package, award, and distribute federal and state financial aid resources to eligible students in accordance with all federal and state rules and regulations.
- Administer return to Title IV regulations. This includes counseling students, calculating financial liabilities, monitoring attendance, and reporting liabilities to students, Business Office, and the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
- Administer the Federal Direct Student Loan Program, including certification, transmission, entrance and exit counseling, and default management.
- Assist in administering federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid programs.
- Advise prospective students, continuing students, and parents regarding financial aid application procedures, eligibility requirements, college policies, and availability of federal, state, local, and institutional financial aid.
- Use independent professional judgment to advise stakeholders by instructing and interpreting information and deliver the most equitable outcome for the student.
- Assist in maintaining PeopleSoft set-ups that pertain to financial aid.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service to students, staff, and other visitors to the college.
- Perform Student Affairs division tasks as assigned.
- Effectively communicate ideas, issues, and concerns as they arise with supervisors and other team members.
- Participate in financial aid events, including giving presentations.
- Electronically transmit data between Lee College and other financial aid processing units.
- Communicate with key personnel at Lee College and other area colleges for updates on new programs, regulatory changes, deadlines, etc.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Attend national, regional, state, and local meetings, as well as conferences, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of word processing skills
- Must be able to demonstrate basic math skills
- Must have knowledge of or the ability to learn Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Must be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be able to travel within the service area and out of town to attend training, conferences, etc.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Two (2) years of experience working in Financial aid, Student Services, and/or accounting/bookkeeping
- Experience using PeopleSoft
- Familiar with government processes pertaining to financial aid
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6770
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency