Data Analyst, IT/Systems & Programming
Yosemite Community College District
Data Analyst, IT/Systems & Programming
Salary: $5,927 – $7,568 per month – Range 46 (2019-2020 Classified Salary Schedule)
40 hours per week, 12 months per year
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
May include evening and weekend hours.
Appointments are hired at the first step of the range. The second step is paid after the first year of satisfactory service with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step
Closing Date: 03/29/2021
To apply, submit your application and required documents on-line via our applicant system at: http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=194441
Under general administrative direction fulfills mandated state and federal reporting requirements on behalf of the District. Supports and maintains the District Business Intelligence platform. Supports both colleges’ research office personnel by responding to their research requests and performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Incumbents in this class work under the direction of a manager or senior manager, receiving occasional supervision while working toward a definite objective that requires use of a wide range of procedures. Incumbents plan and/or determine specific procedures or equipment required to meet assigned objectives and solve non-routine problems, referring only unusual matters to a supervisor.
An incumbent in this class does not directly lead or supervise other full-time employees, but may assign, direct and/or monitor the work of subordinate full time, part time, and/or student employees on a project or assignment basis.
• Federal and state reporting requirements applicable to assigned work.
• Database software usage and best practices.
• SQL Query language
• Business Intelligence tools and best practices.
• Computer programming with data analysis focused languages such as R and Python
• Records maintenance.
• Personal computers and related software applications.
• Knowledge of research methodology, principles and procedures.
• Report writing and data visualization techniques.
• Gather and analyze complex data and generate reports.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Design, propose, collect, analyze and present research.
• Prepare research reports and proposals.
• Design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
• Utilize statistical computer software.
• Utilize Business Intelligence software to build reports and dashboards
• Develop, modify, and implement computer programs in a logical and sequential manner.
• Prepare data flow charts and documentation pertaining to data lifecycle with speed and accuracy
• Collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Think critically and strategically.
• Prioritize workload.
• Work independently and as a member of a team.
• Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to and respect for, the diverse academic, socio-economic, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, politics, philosophy, disability and religious background of all students, faculty and staff.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education, experience and/or training that would likely provide the above-required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. Typical background patterns that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities are:
• Experience: Two years equivalent to a Systems and Programming Analyst at YCCD.
OR Pattern II
Three years of increasingly responsible experience in data analytics or computer science
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer information systems, computer science, or closely related field.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Prepares required internal, local, state, and federal reports in a timely, accurate manner using the college administrative software, business intelligence software and other resources while communicating with the colleges to ensure uniformity of required system reports
• Maintains and communicates state reporting requirements to appropriate college and district offices.
• Develop, write, execute, test, debug, implement, modify and support new or existing statistical or mathematical software programs in support of reporting and data analysis projects
• Write documentation of reporting processes and programming changes.
• Primarily responsible for MIS and IPEDS reporting.
• Manage, reformat, enter, edit, merge and maintain data in preparation for analysis
• Conduct validation checks with appropriate college offices.
• Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports.
• Utilize Business Intelligence platforms to build data presentation layer, reports and dashboards
• Work with the college research offices and Information Technology staff to trouble shoot data errors, as needed.
• Calculate the annual Full Time Faculty Obligation report for the District in conjunction with Human Resources every fall.
• Submit a wide variety of state and federally mandated reports, as necessary.
• Review statistical output for consistency and quality.
• Prepare and assemble data sets, corresponding forms and other materials for internal and public use as specified according to policy regulations.
• Maintains appropriate records of research methods and results.
• Utilizes specified statistical software to analyze and interpret research data.
• Designs and/or develops specific databases for collection, tracking, and reporting of data, as appropriate.
• Serves as liaison between IT and departments throughout YCCD.
• Serves on committees as requested.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Work is generally performed in a standard office environment.
• Work may require long periods of standing or sitting in an office environment.
• Work may require occasional evening and weekend hours.
Licenses and Certificates
Depending upon assignment, a valid license to drive in California may be required.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.