Associate Dean, Academic Affairs
El Camino College
Associate Dean, Academic Affairs
Division: Academic Affairs
Close Date: THURSDAY, APRIL 15, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
Complete job description and application available online at: http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=194420
Under the direction of the Vice President, assist in the administration of the development, oversight, and implementation of policies, processes, and programs in the Academic Affairs area. Provide leadership for assigned strategic initiatives and the effective use of resources to enhance academic planning, student access and success, and overall academic quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Evaluate, analyze, and interpret quantitative, qualitative, and historical data. Translate data into insights and narratives in consultation with Institutional Research and Planning. Prepare analytical and statistical reports. Communicate findings in a clear and effective way throughout the college to support decision-making.
• Oversee the development of the class schedule with staff. Ensure that data elements in the class schedule are coded accurately and completely.
• Oversee the development of the College catalog with staff. Ensure that curriculum data in the catalog, course schedules, and other publications is accurate and consistent.
• Coordinate the development, assessment, and monitoring of student learning outcomes with faculty and deans.
• Coordinate the development, assessment, and monitoring of program review.
• Coordinate the development and monitoring of curriculum.
• Coordinate, organize, and train faculty and staff in the preparation of all aspects of accreditation.
• Coordinate the development, scheduling, and promotion of an evening/weekend program for adult learners.
• Interact with students, faculty, staff, and advisory councils and/or groups.
• Engage in participatory governance at college meetings, committees, and other official functions.
• Work closely with applicable stakeholders in developing proposals for grants and contract support.
• Oversee faculty and staff working on special projects.
• Work cooperatively with other administrators and supervisors to coordinate programs and services to meet student needs and resolve conflicts and issues.
• Perform assigned program management responsibilities. Ensure that programming initiatives are progressing in a timely manner and realizing the intended outcomes.
Serve as a Campus Security Authority (CSA) for Clery Act reporting requirements. Maintain up-to-date certification for CSA status.
• Perform other related duties as assigned. Provide highly responsible and complex professional assistance to the Vice President.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master's degree or the equivalent.*
• Three (3) years of full-time teaching/counseling or related experience.
• One (1) year of formal training or leadership experience related to the position.
• Must be sensitive to and have an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic backgrounds of students, and of persons with disabilities.
* Equivalency to be determined using the El Camino College District Administrative Procedure 7211, Equivalence to the Minimum Qualifications.
• Knowledge/Areas of Expertise:
• Curriculum Development
• Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment
• Program Review
• Data Analysis
• Accreditation Standards
• Teaching in Post-Secondary Education
• Report Writing
• Interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations, policies, and guidelines including Federal and state legislation and California Education Code.
• Analyze problems.
• Effectively counsel and assist staff, faculty, administrators, and the general public.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Review and analyze data and make recommendations.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Assign and review the work of others.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Use personal computer and operate standard office equipment with proficiency.
Licenses or Other Requirements:
• Valid California driver's license
• Must be able to drive to offsite locations periodically.
• Must be able to move from one work area to another.
• Requires hand, wrist, finger dexterity to operate various office machines.
• Must be able to work in a multicultural, diverse work environment.
SALARY: $119,009 (Annually)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full-time, twelve-month academic administrative contracted position beginning July 1, 2021. Excellent fringe benefits including eight 32-hour work weeks during the summer. Working hours will be Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Will oversee the evening and weekend programs.
Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), and transcripts. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, submit Certificate of Completion of the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Examination, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
Applicants must submit the following documents by the closing date:
1) Online application: https:/elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts (only in pdf format) as stated in the job qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE pdf document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
Applicants with disabilities requiring special accommodations must contact Human Resources at least five (5) working days prior to the final filing date:
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday or by email: [email protected]
Due to the large volume of calls received on closing dates, we highly recommend that you do not wait until the last day to apply so that we may assist you with questions or technical matters that may arise. Give yourself sufficient time to complete the profile, which may take 45 minutes or more. Positions close promptly at 3:00 p.m.
CLOSING DATE: THURSDAY, APRIL 15, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
* Previous employment performed in a different public retirement system may allow eligibility to continue in the same retirement system.
El Camino College is an Equal Opportunity Employer