AVP/VP, FRM Program
Who We Are
The Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) is an independent, globally recognized, certifying body and membership association serving the risk management industry. Through the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) professional certification program, GARP sets a global standard of competency in the risk management industry. We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our Certification and Educational Programs Group, in the support and development of the FRM program.
The Financial Risk Manager (FRM) Program
The FRM program is the leading professional certification for financial risk managers globally. In addition to requiring two years of relevant work experience, the FRM program consists of a rigorous two-part examination covering topics that evaluate a candidate’s knowledge of fundamental risk management concepts and their ability to apply quantitative tools and techniques in the assessment and management of market, credit and operational risk.
Position, Responsibilities and Requirements
The successful candidate will join GARP’s Certifications and Educational Programs group, a dynamic growth area that is committed to the excellence of GARP’s professional certification programs.
The Assistant Vice President/Vice President, FRM Program will be actively involved in the production and the supervision of the FRM curriculum process. This involves responsibilities related to the FRM Exam and related program materials, the coordination of exam development activities, interaction with outside item writers and authors, and advocacy efforts related to the FRM program both internally and externally. The role encompasses a range of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Support of curriculum development
- Program content and exam development
- Review and editing of exam content and other program-related material
- Support of initiatives to generate program awareness
- Involvement in professional and academic outreach initiatives
- Research and coordination of subject matter experts
- Some travel required
Required skills for the position include:
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely, in English, is essential
- Strong analytical ability
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and an eagerness to learn
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team as well as to supervise the activities of others
Background desirable for this position includes:
- Teaching or other academic experience
- Experience in financial services and/or risk management
- Experience in a professional certification and/or professional association
- Knowledge of testing practices and statistics
- A graduate degree (MS/MA/MBA/PhD) in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, or other appropriate discipline
- FRM or other meaningful professional certification
GARP offers competitive compensation, a pleasant work environment, and generous benefits.
If interested and qualified, please contact Adrienne Rosenfeld by email at [email protected]. Please include your resume and a cover letter indicating your experience and how you believe you can contribute to the development of GARP’s certification programs.
Apply for AVP/VP, FRM Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly