Coordinator, APIDA Cultural Center
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment.
The Asian, Pacific Islander and Desi American Cultural Center (APIDA CC) provides resources, support services, community engagement and educational experiences to support students' academic and social success. The APIDA CCC Program Coordinator is the primary resource for information, referrals and advocacy to address the needs of APIDA students at DePaul. This position promotes and fosters a campus environment that is inclusive of people from all identities while directly supporting APIDA students. The Center also provides a venue for all students to learn about Asia culture, heritage, and traditions. The position is within an identity-based center model that acknowledges and affirms the importance of intersectional and holistic student development.
All candidates who have a successful interview will undergo background & drug screening as well as finger printing.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree required in Higher Education Administration, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related fields.
- 1-3 years of experience in community development, program management and advising with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of race/ethnicity/class, college access issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues significant to APIDA student experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues significant to diverse communities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement educational and informational programs in a diverse cultural environment and to work collaboratively with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.
- Direct supervision of one graduate assistant and multiple undergraduate student staff.
- Manages the Center's assigned budget resources of $30,000.
- Must possess excellent individual, group, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Must possess effective counseling and intervention skills.
- Professional record of advocating for marginalized student populations, especially in a university setting.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
For consideration please include a cover letter detailing your knowledge and understanding of issues significant to APIDA student experiences.
Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.