Assistant Director, Creative Services
Job no: 495475
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Athletics, Media and Arts
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will be responsible for the post-production of video and multimedia services providing external focused content. The person is responsible for creative content focused on social media for recruiting, branding, and revenue generating purposes related to Boise State Athletics.Level Scope:
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.Essential Functions:
95% of Time the Sports Video Production Coordinator must:
● Oversee, create, edit, and direct post production highlight videos, behind the scenes video segments, along with scripts and copy for use in promoting the Boise State Athletics brand on social media and other platforms.
● Manage production shoots to include proper lighting, sound and interview techniques.
● Manage production shoots, including digital media for distribution of content in various formats for broadcast, web and mobile platforms experience utilizing both cinematic camcorders and shoulder mount ENG cameras for highlight shooting, storytelling shots general content gathering.
● Work with Bronco Sports Properties to integrate sponsor elements within social media campaigns.
● Create video initiatives that assist in recruiting fans and players to follow any and all athletic social media content that is produced.
● Assist with live streaming on the MWN and in-venue video board production.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of various post-production software, edit styles, music and how to use them to promote, inspire, motivate and educate the team, staff and the general public with those videos. Non-Linear editing experience with Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects is critical.
● A knowledge of computer/server components, both internal and external, and how they work in a controlled network setting.
● Knowledge of professional camera equipment and how to use them for post-production highlights.
● Ability to work on a broadcast truck in a variety of positions, from director/producer to replay and camera operation.
● Understand specific software used for the purpose of filming, digitizing, editing and overall manipulation of both practice and game film for the purpose of coaches’ study.
● This position shall have a knowledge and understanding of all NCAA and conference rules and regulations regarding compliance issues and film trade.
● Strong people skills in order to staff, organize and train the workforce to communicate and work as an effective team during practice and games with an emphasis on being proper ambassadors both home and away from the university.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Videography Experience – Knowledge and understanding of cinematic camera use for promotional and internal video.
Feature & Hype Video Editing Experience – Comfortable working on both highlight and narrative driven feature videos for social media.
Two (2) years of experience in athletic post-production at the intercollegiate level.Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Resume, Cover Letter, and a separate document with a link to your demo reel/website.
Advertised: February 26, 2021
Applications close: March 21, 2021