Website Social Media Specialist
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
Communications Specialist (Social Media Specialist)
Position # 00767617– Requisition #20326
About the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center resides within the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) is an interdisciplinary center whose overarching goals impact the campus while building towards sustainability. Either of these alone is insufficient. We strive to achieve both. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness and weight loss programs and work with patients, providers, students and trainees, employees, and researchers to take these programs beyond the center's walls into communities. The center's mission is "to collaborate with campus partners to develop and deliver programs and services targeting physical activity, nutrition, and mental well-being that enhance the lives of people who come here." The center's vision is "a campus where wellness is a foundation of everything we do." All endeavors at the center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach with a shared philosophy is core to the development of the center's programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, and the metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration, it is impossible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the center's development. The center serves as a "learning lab" for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.Job Summary
The Website and Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and managing content on the AHWC website and social media platforms, ensuring that content is compelling, accurate, and consistent with AHWC messaging and brand standards. The position will update and maintain the AHWC website and relevant landing pages, manage the center’s social media accounts, and maintain the marketing department’s digital assets. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional attentional to detail, creativity with a strong design aesthetic, and ability to synthesize complex information.
Occasional night or weekend work may be required in this position.Supervision Received
Marketing & Communications ManagerSupervision Exercised
NoneExamples of Work Performed
Specific duties and responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regularly update existing content and generate new content, including writing blog articles.
- Create and edit existing landing pages as needed.
- Develop and execute SEO strategy.
- Analyze site performance across key metrics.
- Troubleshoot website-related issues.
- Manage and execute social media strategy and benchmarking for center accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Generate, edit, and publish original content.
- Manage paid digital ads via Facebook, Google, and NextDoor.
- Track effectiveness of content and campaigns. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain content calendars.
- Monitor all digital mentions, relevant social media accounts, and comments/direct messages. Communicate with followers in a timely and professional manner regarding responses to queries, customer reviews, and feedback.
- Stay up to date on social media best practices and new technologies.
- Maintain marketing digital assets (images, logos, collateral, and video) including cataloging and archiving.
- Identify new assets needed for future campaigns.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $45,948.64to $58,445. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business, design or related field from an accredited university.
- One (1) year of professional experience in website maintenance.
- One (1) year of professional experience in social media content creation and account management.
- Demonstrated experience writing compelling and clear copy for articles and blogs.
- Experience with WordPress sites; HTML is a plus.
- Experience writing informational blogs and articles; knowledge of AP style is a plus.
- Strong understanding of social media analytics, content optimization, and paid digital ads.
- Intermediate to advanced graphic design and photography skills; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Video production and editing experience.
- Exceptional independent writing skills and experience editing for clarity and grammar (AP Style).
- Creative thinker with strong eye for design; experienced in graphic design and video production/editing.
- Up to date with web and social media technologies and best practices.
- Experience with problem solving under pressure and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Works well in a team and individually.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Interest in fitness, health, and wellness.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 26, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing