Finance & Accounting Senior Professional
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Finance & Accounting Senior Pro
Position #781525 – Requisition #20317
The Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center (HTC) has an opening for a part-time Accountant. This position will be based at the HTC, which is located on the Anschutz Medical Campus. The HTC provides comprehensive care across the lifespan to individuals with rare bleeding disorders under the guidelines of a federal grant. The pediatric Stroke Program is also part of the HTC. The HTC Accountant is responsible for entry and reconciliation of all fiscal transactions related to the HTC Pharmacy and HTC Clinical operations. The Accountant will be the primary back-up for the Sr. Auxiliary Enterprise and Grants Accounting Specialist and will provide redundancy for the Prior Authorization Technician, supporting revenue-cycle activities related to the HTC Clinic. Professional Field
This position will report to HTC Finance Manager.Supervision Exercised
This position will not have direct reports.Example of Work
- Posts daily pharmacy activity (invoices, remittances, accounts payable and inventory) to appropriate accounting system(s).
- Post clinical expenses to appropriate fund to offset clinical revenues.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of Pharmacy activity and inventory with accounting system(s).
- Access fiscal systems (Ascend, Quickbooks, CU Peoplesoft) to produce, correct, audit, approve, and input financial and budget transactions for assigned programs.
- Provide direction to HTC procurement staff in renewal of Standing Purchase Orders for auxiliary enterprise at year-end to ensure continuation of Pharmacy services.
- Enter month-end inventory and record cost of goods sold, revenue and expenses for auxiliary enterprise.
- Review and approve procurement spending through CU Marketplace.
- Determine if expenditures are allowable or unallowable per University rules and regulations for assigned programs and grants.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts relative to all expenditures, revenue, and encumbrances for all assigned programs.
- Serve as the HTC's authority for the proper classification, processing, and timing for recording financial accounting transactions and spending authority.
- When requested by supervisors, peers, program staff, auditors, and university staff, produce and analyze information for all pharmacy and clinical programs, to include accessing all systems for the financial, budgetary, and payment information, as needed
- Produce accurate auditable financial data using established procedures
- Analyze and investigate errors and make corrections as necessary
- Make recommendation to program staff regarding financial transactions to avoid revenue shortages, over expenditures, or grant violations
- Work with the program staff to determine appropriate methodology to bring accounts into compliance, when necessary and appropriate
- Analyze and interpret Peoplesoft data and prepare program financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis
- Assist in annual budgeting process for all center Speedtypes and proper spending activities
- Prepare budgetary documents for allocations, transfers, increases, decreases, and corrections for the program's assigned appropriations
- Access and monitor CU Medicine systems/data to track revenue cycle events impacting clinical operations.
- Provide support and back-up for Grants Accounting function.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The full-time salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $47,919 to $60,953. This position will be hired at 0.8 FTE and the salary range is $38,335 - $48,762. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited institution.
- 2-3 years of professional accounting experience.
- Three to five (3-5) years of accounting experience in an academic environment.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Demonstrable proficiency with Office 365 Suite, Quickbooks, and Peoplesoft ERM.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships and collaborate with other professionals, staff at the center, and AMC community
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex offender background check
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 26, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing