Director of the Division of Internal Medicine, 12 Month Salaried (Clinical Sciences - Medicine) Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Clinical Sciences – College of Medicine
The Florida State University College of Medicine is located in Tallahassee, the state capital of Florida. Tallahassee is a culturally diverse community with a mild climate, four seasons, and a stable economy. Tallahassee is home to several higher-learning institutions and provides a broad range of city and natural outdoor recreational opportunities. There is access to cultural amenities afforded by the presence of three institutions of higher learning. The region is in close proximity to the Apalachicola National Forest and boasts an abundance of springs, lakes, and rivers as well as pristine beaches and the nearby waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
The Florida State University College of Medicine (FSU COM) is seeking an academic internist or pediatric-internist for a full-time faculty position, at the rank of either Assistant or Associate Professor as the Director of the Division of Internal Medicine within the Department of Clinical Sciences.
This individual will be closely involved in general educational activities for medical students in an integrated curriculum at the main campus in Tallahassee. Additional responsibilities include substantial teaching and supervision of medical students. This position will include 40% direct patient care at an affiliated primary care practice.
This is a clinical position and is not tenure-earning eligible.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree (MD or DO) from an accredited institution; a demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service; and have professional goals which are consistent with the mission of this community-based medical school, as described on our website www.med.fsu.edu.
Additional specific qualifications include:
- Completion of an ACGME-approved Internal Medicine, or combined Med-Peds residency program and Board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- The individual must possess or be eligible for licensure in the State of Florida and a federal DEA certification.
- The individual must demonstrate evidence of experience and/or excellence in medical student education and leadership/administrative experience.
- The ability to foster an educational environment conducive to patient-centered medical student and physician assistant education is vital to this position.
Post-job offer, but prior to hire, the following will be required:
- Documentation of current PPD (Purified Protein Derivative) test as performed by a qualified physician, reporting negative results from within the last 6 months.
- Documentation of physical examination completed by a qualified healthcare provider/physician from within the last 6 months.
Within 30 days or hire, the candidate must provide:
- Documentation of Tetanus immunization within 10 years.
- Documentation of Hepatitis B vaccine or positive antibody titer.
- A generalist is preferred, although individuals with training in rheumatology, endocrinology, or infectious diseases with a primary focus in an outpatient/consultative practice will be considered.
- Scholarly interest in outpatient/community-based clinical and/or health outcomes research is desired.
Rhonda Collins, via email at [email protected]
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is a Faculty position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
Request Letters of Reference
This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:
1) After submitting your application, click the Careers link;
2) Click the My References link;
3) Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position; and
4) Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled. Hiring department to review applications as received.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.