Assistant/Associate Professor (Clinical Sciences - Medicine)
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor (Clinical Sciences - Medicine)
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48489
Clinical Sciences – College of MedicineEqual Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed here.
The Florida State University College of Medicine (FSU COM) is seeking an academic internist or pediatric-internist for a full-time faculty position, at the rank of either Assistant or Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Sciences. This individual will be intimately involved in general educational activities for medical students in an integrated curriculum at the main campus in Tallahassee. Additional responsibilities include substantial teaching and supervision of medical students.
This position will include 40% direct patient care at an affiliated primary care practice.
Doctoral degree in an appropriate field from an accredited institution and a demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service.
- Personal/professional goals which are consistent with the mission of the FSU College of Medicine.
- Completion of an approved U.S. Residency Program and Board Certification as general internist or internal medicine-pediatrics.
- Relevant academic/clinical/professional experience and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to foster an educational environment conducive to patient-centered medical student and physician assistant education is vital to this position.
- Must demonstrate evidence of experience and/or excellence in medical student education.
- Incumbent will be required to obtain the appropriate Florida licensure within 90 days of hire.
- At least three years of clinical and teaching experience post-residency/fellowship is desired.
- Scholarly interest and experience in outpatient/community-based clinical and/or health outcomes research is desired.
Rhonda Collins, via email at [email protected]University Information
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is a Faculty position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:
1) After submitting your application, click the Careers link;
2) Click the My References link;
3) Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position; and
4) Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.
This position is being advertised as open until filled. Hiring department to review applications as received.Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.