Campus Security Officer (PT)
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part time position of Campus Security Officer (PT). The Campus Security Officer (PT) performs a variety of tasks that assure and enhance the safe working and educational environment for students, faculty, staff members and visitors to campus, as well as the safeguarding of the physical assets of Edison State Community College. The Campus Security Officer (PT) is required to work with minimal supervision and must have the ability to work with internal and external customers in an effective manner.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and three professional references when submitting their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer.
Examples of Duties:Promote lawful behavior and protect the welfare of students, faculty, staff and visitors as a uniformed presence on campus:
- Perform as a first responder to criminal incidents, emergencies, injuries, illnesses and vehicular accidents.
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols to monitor behavior.
- Inform and warn violators of infractions, such as but not limited to loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Prepare routine reports.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as needed or assigned.
- Provide escort as requested or needed by faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform foot and vehicle patrols to secure buildings and property.
- Use campus keys to lock and unlock doors and to open and close buildings and classrooms.
- Patrol and monitor using surveillance cameras and observational skills.
- Investigate and report suspicious behavior.
- Examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure security.
- Monitor closed areas for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations.
- Screen individuals to prevent passage of prohibited persons or articles into restricted areas.
- Patrol buildings and property to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Investigate disturbances, maintain order and enforce regulations.
- Contact Emergency Responders such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security violators.
- Patrol and monitor assigned parking areas to provide visibility and assistance.
- Issue parking violations as needed.
Qualifications:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in performing building security and lock procedures.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications.
- Must maintain a demonstrated proficiency with all of their equipment which requires annual qualifications(s) and certification(s).
- Required to maintain CPR/AED/First Aid training.
- Perform the physical requirements of the position which include but are not limited to lifting, bending, standing, or walking.
Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Required Educational Background:
High School graduate or GED
Supplemental Information:Supervises Following Regional Campus Staff/Faculty:
Schedule: The Campus Safety and Security department normally operates Monday - Thursday, 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position will normally function within these hours based on the needs of the department. Occasional emergency operations could extend to 24/7 in extremely rare circumstances.